[Cynnabar] Demo request

David Hoornstra dhoorn123 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 16 03:33:33 EST 2009

A month ago, the Ypsilanti Chamber of Commerce contacted the Ann Arbor Sword
Club about this event. I met with their committee a couple of weeks ago.
Originally, they were primarily looking for a piece of theater, a short
³knightly² combat on their main stage to kick off their presentation.

Speaking for the Ann Arbor Sword Club ONLY, I offered to arrange a single
combat in armor with steel swords. I am still working on this, and am
confident it can be done well. I have also promised to be there to help set
up on the day and to try to line up décor items.

In that meeting, I suggested they also contact the SCA and Ring of Steel on
the basis that these two groups also had things to offer, not only
backdrops, costumed performers and music but the intangibles; the ability to
bring a period fantasy flavor to the proceedings. I did not offer to speak
for these groups; I only suggested that the Chamber contact them.

Now, speaking in my normal role as a Cynnabar demo guy:

If the group is willing for the stone-wall backdrops and the
City-State/Celtic banners to be used, I would volunteer to pick them up, set
them up (with some help) and deliver them back safe. We also need
personal-arms banners to put up the day of the event. The more the better! I
would be happy to co-ordinate this part of Cynnabar¹s participation in this
event (decor).

See you all Saturday.

Daibhid