[Cynnabar] UPDATE YPSI CHAMBER EVENT

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 27 14:06:31 EST 2009

These are the details for:

Ypsilanti Area Chamber of Commerce Post Holiday Gala

  Friday, Jan 22

  Morris Lawrence Building

  Washtenaw Community College

The Ypsilanti Chamber of Commerce approached David Hoornstra of the Sword Club first about performing at the "Ypsilot" event.

It was decided that he would coordinate the fighting and would approach
other local historical groups about participating.  The Ring of Steel
may be participating also.

What is needed from the SCA:

1. People in garb mingling with the guests.

2. Musicians

3. Singers

4. Info table/Someone to answer questions

5. Arts and Sciences tables/Someone watch

6. Banners

We can also help ourselves to the food and refreshments served.

The following is the proposed program:

5:30 to 8:30  -  SCA members in costume circulate among the                           audience.

6:15 to 6:30  -  SCA music group sings medieval songs

6:30 to 6:45  - Swordfight breaks out on stage

6:45/7:00      - C of C emcee takes over, starts Auction

                        the auction is not expected to last long.

After auction  -  SCA music group sings

8:15               -  SCA music group sings again

David and I discussed having the SCA’s dancers present a medieval dance with live musical accompaniment.

He said the issue there is
floor space. Some dances could take 12 by 34 feet of space, too much
for the stage and not really appropriate for the raised stage anyway.

I would like to view the area with the dance group and David as as possible.

I think this is a great idea. We will get exposure.  We have a lot great garb and wonderful projects people have done.

It's a great way to start the year.

Anyone interested.  I will be there.

Amyon