[Cynnabar] Thrones: meeting minutes

David Hoornstra dhoorn123 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 17:28:21 EST 2009

I haven't heard much either.

As the designer and builder of our current thrones, I might point out that
there is something like $500 in fine oak in those chairs. So let's not be
shocked at a $2G price.

The lesson here should be in how to phrasing or frame a proposal. It should
not be not "should we spend $2 grand?" but "should we solve Problem X with
this solution?"

If it's weight and size, well, the existing thrones were made to a specific
purpose.

Since I still have the table saw and an intimate knowledge of their
construction, I can see ways of slimming them down if those are the issues.
I'm guessing, of course, because I have not heard what the issues are that
are driving the proposal.

Let us all who hear it by list know, if anyone does.

Thanks.

Daibhid