[Cynnabar] Fwd: Greetings From Cynnabar

Bjarki Bjornson docdtw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 20:33:00 EST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Frederick Hall <hallf at aaps.k12.mi.us>
Date: Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: Greetings From Cynnabar
To: Bjarki Bjornson <docdtw at gmail.com>

Hi Dennis,
As I mentioned in my earlier email, our study is short but intense. The
multicultural fair is December 17 and we will spend a significant amount of
time between now and then
reading, researching, writing and doing projects. Up to now , we've been
giving the kids some background info. We've been talking mostly about
1066-1485, give or take a few. We have a number of
parents scheduled to come and help. We will be making "stained glass",
illuminated manuscripts, some small trebuchets and a large castle out of
cardboard,. We are looking for information on the
daily life of knights/lords/peasants. I am particularly interested in the
clothing of the era and suggestions you may have on making costumes. What
would you say is the most important thing for kids to understand about this
time period?
Given the age of the kids, we can only hold their attention realistically
for up to 60 minutes. We could do more than one session, but I am happy to
get any help at all. This is a busy season for everyone.
Following is a list of times that are best for us.
Mondays - anytime 10-12:15
Tuesdays - anytime 11-12:15
Wednesdays - 10-10:50, 11:30-12:15, 2:00-2:45
Thursdays - 9-9:40, 10:45-12:15
Fridays - 8:30-9:30, 10:45-12:15

Thank-you

-Rick