[Cynnabar] resending minutes from 3/29

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 20:33:05 EDT 2010

Resending Minutes from 3/29

Next meeting is Mon, April 12, 2010

************

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting
Mon, March 29, 2010

Announcements
The populace welcomes Their Excellencies, Baron Tairdelbach and Baroness Hannah.

Dillon says that archery practice is now open to all who are interested.  It is on Wednesdays from 5:30p until dark.  Location and directions will follow on a separate document.

Events

Terpsichore
Final Figures from the event.
Silent Auction- $312.00
Tavern- $107.00
Profit from event- $764.00

There was discussion about the site fee, whether we should lower it or not.  More discussion to follow.

Morris Dancers were well received.  There was discussion on how to incorporate them into other Baronial events.
*****

Old Business

Crazy Wisdom
The free ad was placed on Wed, March 24, 2010 for the May-August edition of the Crazy Wisdom Community Journal.
*******

Charity Run, Sat, Oct 3
Name-Big House Big Heart
Date- Oct 3, 10:30am
Where- University of Michigan Football Stadium.
Cost- $13/person
Distance- one mile
website- www.bighousebigheartto.com

Galen reported that to register the group we must state how much we plan to raise.  There was discussion about the amount.  There was also discussion on whether we should donate directly from Baronial funds or do fund-raising and supplement it from the Baronial funds.  More discussion to follow.

As an alternative, Galen will ask if we can have still have booth if we just volunteer at the event?
********

Royal Travel Fund
The bake sale made $121.00 at the Investiture.
*******

Baronial Champion Revel
Sun, April 25, Island Park

Baron Tairdelbach says that Tournaments will be held to determine the Armored and Rapier Champions.  Everyone is asked to wear garb because Court will be held to announce the winners.  There will also be the usual Kill and Grill.

See the separate document for details.
*******

Grand Tourney
Sat, Nov 20, 2010

Grand Tourney will be at at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Livonia. More info to follow.
*****

Nicola's Books
Thurs, April 22, 6p-8p.

Nothing new to report.  Please see the info sent to the list recently.
******

Sound System
A "Policy for Use" will be set before plans are made to purchase the new equipment.  More info to follow.
******

Rose Tourney
The tourney will be rescheduled due to the conflict with the VIKINGS COME HOME event.
*******

Gold Key
The count is complete.  Cataloguing is the next step.
*****

Garb Project
If you need fabric you may select something from the fabric storage.  In return you make a simple tunic for Gold Key.  Please contact Melisant for more info.
******

Sun Shade
The deadline to receive a response from Sir Straum on the disposition of the sun shade is the first business meeting in May.
******

Baronial Investiture
The event went very well.  The feast was great, dancing was fun.  Many attended from far and wide.
Lunch Tavern- $22.00
Bake Sale- $121.00

The Baroness thanks everyone for their assistance in making the day a success.

One of the burners on the stove malfunctioned.  Renaud will follow up with the church on the repair costs.

The Milan newspaper came and took photographs.  There is no date on publication at this time.
*****

12th NIGHT
The Dixboro Methodist Church will cost $700 to rent for the entire day. The site has eight rooms, ample parking, a Fellowship Hall, kitchen and sanctuary all available for use.

In contrast St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Saline will cost $300 but has half the number of rooms.  More discussion to follow.
******

NEW BUSINESS

Ypsilanti Heritage Festival
This festival will be Fri, Sat, Sun, Aug 20,21,22. The weekend after Pennsic ends.
This is a huge event.  It would be great exposure for our Baronyy.
A booth costs $85.  To participate is free.  More discussion to follow.
******

Thrones
The Baron Tairdelbach says that both sets of thrones, Sitting and Traveling, need to be replaced. There is structural damage on both after many years of use.

The Baron proposes that there be a bidding process.  The total bid package includes design, construction, costs and completion date.  The bid can be a collaboration. The deadline to submit a bid is the first business meeting in May.
**********

OFFICER REPORTS

Chatelaine
Gold Key inventory process continues
Crazy Wisdom free ad has been submitted
*****

Exchequer
We have $4300.00 approximately
******

Chronicler
The March edition of the Citadel is published
Deadline for the June edition is May 25.
****

Herald
Roll of Arms has 26 entries.
The Order of Precedence will be updated.
The Class at Investiture was well attended.
Six names and six devices will be submitted this month.  Submissions must be done separately.
Heraldry Day- The Herald will hold an open house at her home on the first Monday of each month to anyone who needs help or wants to work     on heraldric projects.
The Herald will make a budget proposal for heraldric gifts to be given after games.
*******

Armored Marshal
The February and March Tournaments were held on Sun, March 28, 2010.
Practice will be held outside at Island Park starting at the end of April.

Uillec says that he needs another duffle bag to separate equipment.  He does not always need bring everthing to the practice field.

He will submit a budget proposal at later time.
******

Fencing Marshal
There are four new authorizations.
Alex won the tournament on Sun, March 28.
There is now a facebook page for youth fencers.
There may be a youth tournament at Grand Tourney.
*******

Webminister
The new website is up and being updated.
It will be complete by the first meeing in May.
******

MOAS
Jadwiga would like to know what you have been working on since January 2010.
The classes at Investiture were well attended.

Baron and Baroness
We are still a Barony.
*****

Seneschal
There will be a meeting with Roaring Wastes about Baronial Borders.

The area being discussed:
west of I-275
north of US12
south of I-96