[Cynnabar] Nicola demo update

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:35:20 EDT 2010

Demo Update

Location:
Nicola's Books
Thurs, April 22, 2010
6p-8p approx
Westgate Shopping
2513 Jackson Rd/corner of Stadium
Ann Arbor, MI

Focus
To give the community an idea of the interesting activities that can be done in the SCA.

Attending:
Master of Ceremonies- Midair if available.
Singers
Baron Tairdelbach and Baroness Hannah
Shoshana
Ann Asplund
Randy Asplund
Dillon
Joe
Giovanna

We Need:

Greeters- Need people to greet people and hand out flyers as you wander through the store.

Fencers- Joe, Arnold

Armored Fighters- Daibhid, Baron Tairdelbach

Information table/A&S- Need an attendant to answer questions. Pass out flyers and other materials. Need armor and arts & science projects.

Works in Progress- I would like to have people working on projects
-Ann Asplund is bringing her loom
-Baroness Giovanna is bringing stain glass to view and illumination to work on.
-Dillon

Classes
  Heraldry- Shoshana will teach this class for all ages.

******Times are approximate.  Things could re-shuffle depending what members attend and how big of an audience appears.  I thank you ahead of time for your efforts.*************

Schedule

6:pm-arrive
6:30p-Intro
         What you can do in the SCA-
          sing, dance, European & Middle Eastern, Calligraphy, fiber arts, heraldry, armored fighting, fencing, etc

6:40p- Audience moves to the outside to watch armored fighters and fencers (If inclement weather we will do it similar to the Ypsi Demo.  A
          few fighter will show the moves)

6:40p- Armored-explain armor and technique, then demonstrate

7:00pm- Rapier-explain armor and technique, then demonstrate

7:20p-Heraldry class

7:20p-Fighters could continue outside if they like.

Other Stuff

To contact me
-From Now to Thurs at 11:30a-         734 678-9929-cell
-From Thurs, 11:30a to showtime-     734 662-0060-store

Arrival
I will be at work starting at 11:30am.  I will be working and setting during the day.  If anyone wants to come early and set-up and hang out that's fine.

Restaurants
There are a number of restaurants and cafes at or near Westgate.  The newest is the cupcake shop called, Just Baked- it's delicious.
There is also a Middle Eastern cafe, a Thai food restaurant, Subway, Dairy Queen, and Starbucks.  There is also an renovated Kroger's.

Changing Rooms
The bathrooms are not large, but roomy enough to change.

Storage
I will cordon off the space in the backof the by the fireplace.  You can put cases, bags, boxes or anything you don't want seen.

Parking
It's a huge free parking lot.  There should be no trouble finding a space.

Please let me know if you plan to attend.

Thanks
Amyon
734 678-9929