[Cynnabar] minutes again for 4/19/10

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 20:29:52 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone

There was an issue earlier today with emails going to the list.   Aaron said everything should be fine now.  I am resending the minutes.  Apparently they did not get to everyone.

Amyon

***********

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting
Mon, April 19, 2010

Announcements
The Saline Celtic Fest is Sat, July 17.

Pennsic
Barony of Cynnabar deadline for pre-registration is June 1, says Sir Straum.

Archery
Practice is now on Wednesdays starting at5:30p until dark at Dillon's hom- 330 West Clark road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.

Chronicler
Ysendra de Craig our current officer will be leaving to attend school in California in three months. We will need a new chronicler. If anyone is interested please contact her.

Events
It was reported that Garb Work Day last Sunday was jammed.  Standing room only.

Baron Tairdelbach and Baroness Hannah attended A Day at the Castle.  The chess tournament was won by Gregoire.

Sir Straum was invited to An Tir in the Pacific Northwest area recently to assist them in becoming organized as a war kingdom.  It was four day event with classes and fighting during the day and lectures in the evening.

Old Business

Lunch Tavern
The lunch tavern/site fee should be left to the discretion of the event autocrat.

Profit Split
A question was asked about when we split profits.  If it's a Kingdom event we split the profits with them evenly.

Ypsilanti Heritage Festival
This large annual event is Aug 20-22.  A booth is $85.00 total for all three days.  Application deadline is July 15.

Fun Run
Registration before Aug 31 is $13/person. Event is Oct 2-3.  Contact Galen for more info.

Pennsic Arms Display
Deadline is June 30th to send your arms information to Shoshana.

Sound System
A policy is being formulated.  More info to come.

Sun Shade
Sir Straum is satisfied with the proposal of $500.00 to purchase his sun shade that the Barony has been using.  This purchase will include the canvas, the center pole and any poles he does not need for his other tent.

The Barony may need to complete repairs on the shade.  More info to come.

Gold Key
The cataloguing continues.

Grand Tourney
Nothing new to report.

12th Night
A comparison was made of the Dixboro Methodist Church and St Paul United Church of Christ in Saline.  The Dixboro Church has more room for classes, feast, Royalty Room, parking and ease of movement through the space.  The cost is $300/St Paul; $700/Dixboro.  A decision will be made soon.  A point by point comparison will follow on separate documents.

Rose Tourney
The Barony is no longer obliged to do the Rose Tourney.

New Business

Festifall/Northfest
Jadwiga received notification for Festifall and Northfest, our University of Michigan recruiting events.  We are now registered for both.

Officer Reports

 Chatelaine
Nicola's Demo is Thurs, Aprill 22, 6p-8p approx.  Everyone is welcome to come and join the fun, even if you just hang out and wear your best finery.  A separate document will follow with details.

Exchequer
The accounts are reconciled. We have approximately $5100.00 in the bank

Chronicler
-Ysendra will be leaving in three months. We will need a new chronicler. Interested candidates should contact her.
-The next Citadel will be published June 1.  The deadline for submissions is May 25.

Armored Marshal
-The Two Chucks have brought two new fighters to practice.
-Uillec is researching duffle bags for the loaner equipment

Rapier Marshal
No report

Web Minister
Aaron is working on the new site.

Herald
-Shoshana purchased a herald video to use in her presentations.
-The Heraldry Open House was well attended.
-Shoshana suggests that the Barony register their awards and badges.  She will check on the cost.
-The Baron and Baroness will decide on the badge design

MOAS
Nothing new to report.

Baron and Baroness
-A report was sent in the the Kingdom.
-Baronial Revel is a wet site at Island Park. It will be under the pavilion with the restrooms.  There will be fight practice, Champions Tournament, court and a
  pot-luck
-Thrones-the deadline is the first meeting in May for proposals to replace the current thrones.
-We are still a Barony

Seneschal
The Border discussion continues

Meeting Adjourned
I apologize if there is any incorrect information

Amyon