[Cynnabar] fabric source

Melanie Schuessler melanie at faucet.net
Mon Aug 30 09:35:01 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Mary Jo's, which is a humongous fabric warehouse in Gastonia, NC, now has a website.  It looks like the only silk they have is dupioni, but they have 45" wide at $10.98/yd in a wide variety of colors.  Please note that I am not necessarily advocating the use of dupioni for garb, but I know that many people like it, so I thought I'd share a source.

The search function isn't terribly useful, unfortunately.  For example, I feel sure that they have velvet that's not stretchy, crushed, or covered in glitter, but I couldn't find it online.  (They may have other silk, too--who knows?)  It may be worth calling if you're looking for something in particular.  They are probably willing to send swatches.

http://maryjos.com/default.aspx

Melisant