[Cynnabar] meeting minutes 1/18/10

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:23:57 EST 2010

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Minutes
Mon, Jan 18, 2010

Announcements
Their Royal Majesties announced that Tairdelbach and Hannah will be the new Baron and Baroness.
*********

Events
Odd and Baron Gregroire attended the Winter Revel recently. They said the epic sledding was fun.

Sir Straum attended the Chiv Retreat.  He managed to break many shields.
**********

Old Business

Ypsilot, Fri, Jan 22
Plans
are in place. The event will be at the Morris Lawrence Building at
Washtenaw Community College.

Three groups will be performing, The SCA,
The Ring of Steel and the Sword Club.  Details will be sent in a separate document.
*******

12th Night, Sat, Jan 8, 2011
Baroness
Giovanna is now the autocrat for 12th Night.  She will be assisted by
Amyon. Our budget is $1000 for site rental.  Places are being queried
for info.  Trades are being offered.

A concern is that attendance will be low because of other big events planned for that weekend on the kingdom calendar.

Possible sites to be explored- Ann Arbor Women's City Club, Dixboro Methodist Church.
**********

Baronial Transition
This
event may be held at St. Andrews Church in Dexter, where we had
Wassail.  The issue is that we may not be able to use the sanctuary for
court because of Palm Sunday activities.

If that is so an improvised stage may be created in the dining hall.

Renault and Mistress Kay have agreed to do the feast.
**********

Terpsichore, Sat, March 20
The
ad will appear in the February issue of the Pale.  Not enough people
receive the publication before Terp to make it worthwhile to submit it
again in March

Aaron reports that 15 people have signed up to
teach a class.  Also, the local Morris Dance Group may hold a class or
perform a demo at the Ball.
***********

Fencing Swords
New youth fencing swords have been ordered.

Also
ordered was the dagger that was broken at a recent practice. Twenty
dollars was added to the forty dollars received as a donation to
purchase a new dagger.
***********

Sun Shade
Baroness Giovanna suggested that $400 would be a reasonable amount to purchase the shade from Sir Straum.

More info to come.
*********

Rose Tourney
At
the meeting it was suggested that we inquire at Camp Talahi in Howell
as a possible site. This place is near is near Arielle and Eachann's
home.  If we use this camp they will offer their property as place for
equestrian.

In general we are looking for a wet site that has cabins, kitchen facilities, feast hall, equestrian and archery.

Suggestions are welcome.
****************

Deputy Armored Marshal
The position is still open
***********

New Business

Wassail Fabric
Regarding the abundance of fabric received at Wassail, Melisant suggested that if someone needs garb they can have the fabric.

In return the person must make a piece of loaner garb for Gold Key from other fabric in the pile.

Melisant says she will gladly assist people with the projects at Garb Day.
**************

OFFICER REPORTS

Exchequer
The Doomsday is signed and ready to mail.

The Barony is now in the black we have =$5021.87.
***********

Chatelaine
Amyon is assisting Baroness Giovanna in searching for a site.

Ypsilot event plans are set.

It's time to secure a site for Grand Tourney
**********

Herald
Shoshanna plans to attend the Herald's Point and Scribal Collegium in February.
***********

Web Minister
The new site is still under construction.  Aaron is considering switch sites because of problems with the old one.
More info to come.
**********

MOAS
The quarterly report is due.
Movie Night next week.
*******

Knight Marshal
Nothing new to report.
**********

Fencing Marshal
A few more people have authorized recently.
The Swords and dagger have been ordered.
*********

Their Excellencies
There will be a new Baron and Baroness in March
We are still a Barony.
********

Seneschal
Baronial Borders- the outlook is bleak.  More discussion are needed.  More info to come.

Meeting Adjourned
Amyon

I apologize for any inaccuracies