[Cynnabar] show talk Ypsilot

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:54:18 EST 2010

Hello Everyone

This is a sample of the proposed dialogue that will occur during the fighting performance at Ypsilot according to David.
*********

6:45 Trumpet sounds; two knights in armor come on stage.

Herald:
  Good my lords and ladies all! These two knights, Lord _______ and Lord
  ________, have sworn to do battle this day for the glory of those whose favors
  they carry. My Lords, are you ready?   ___________ Then Lay
  on!

(Two SCA fighters bash each other with rattan swords on shields (the
  “loud” fight) until one sinks under a rain of blows. The victor helps the
  defeated up; they bow and exit.)
********

Two Warriors come on stage as trumpet
  sounds again.

Herald: Good my lords and ladies all! These two warriors,
  Lord _______ and Lord ________, have come to do battle this day with the
  favorite weapons of knights everywhere. We present “jeu de la Hache,” or “the
  game of the axe.” My Lords, are you ready?   ___________ Then Lay
  on!
(Two Sword Club fencers fight with poll-axes until some sort of
  decision or conclusion is reached. The victor helps the defeated up(?); they
  bow and exit.)
**********

Two Actors come on stage as trumpet sounds
  again.

Herald: Good my lords and ladies all! Our third and final combat
  features Lord _______ and Lord ________, who come armed only with the long
  sword. Do not try this at home. My Lords, are you ready?
    ___________ Then Lay on!
(Two theatrical combatants fight with
  steel longswords until some sort of decision or conclusion is reached. The
  victor helps the defeated up; they bow and exit as Trumpet
  sounds.)

Herald: My lords and ladies, your applause for the three local
  organizations who have brought you this entertainment:
The Society for
  Creative Anachronism (points to Knights and to table) .....and .......The Ann
  Arbor Sword Club (points to warriors and to table) ..... and ....... The Ring
  of Steel (points to actors and to table) .....  (gestures for
  applause).

And now..... Trumpet cue) we introduce to you
(members of
  the C of C for the auction).... (and whatever else the Herald should say about
  that).