[Cynnabar] 7/12 reminder mtg min

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:51:14 EDT 2010

Reminder

Next Meeting, Mon, July 12, 2010

1. Pennsic workshop
The Pennsic Prep workshop, 7pm, Mon, July 12, will be lead by Sir Straum.

2. At the meeting decision will be made on the following items:

 Baronial Gift to Ayreton
Their Excellencies propose that we spend $35.00 each for 10 shields. Total cost would be $350.00.  Ayreton is being raised to a Barony on September 11, 2010.

A decision will be made on Mon, July 12.

New Meeting Site
The Corner Brewery in Depot Town in Ypsilanti is suggested as a new meeting site.  The manager is willing to accommodate our needs if we agree to meet there on a regular basis.  We can hold workshops and watch our movies on their television.

Concern has been expressed about having a meeting in a bar.
People under 21 may enter the establishment before 9pm.
It is suggested that people imbibe with restraint.
It is proposed that the group hold one meeting at the Corner Brewery on Mon, July 26 to see if it works.

A decision will be made on Mon, July 12.  That will give us time to cancel the reservation at the Michigan League for that day without penalty.

3. Among the items to be discussed:

Manchester Library Demo- Sat, Aug 21

Ypsilanti Library Demo

*******************************

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting
Mon, June 28, 2010

Announcements

Pennsic workshop
The Pennsic Prep workshop on Mon, July 12, will be lead by Sir Straum.

Pennsic Water Battle
Roaring Wastes is organizing this battle and they need donations of toys and candy. Please give donations to Baroness Hannah at the Siege of Talonval to give to the people in Roaring Wastes.

Pennsic Retainer Duty
The Barony of Cynnabar is scheduled for retainer duty on the middle Sunday in the afternoon. More info to come.

Pennsic Knowne World Baronial Championship Tourney
This event is scheduled for Monday of War week, from 1p-6p.  We are on the Red List. Volunteers are needed for set-up and clean-up.

Pennsic Fighter's Band
The musician's are considering selecting a couple of days to play for fighters going to the field.

Pennsic Baronial Court
Baronial Court will be held on Wednesday.  The schedule starts at 5pm and will be as follows:
-Pot Luck
-Baronial Court
-Cynnabar's Got Talent
-Shopping

Pennsic Camp Tour
Their Excellencies will lead a camp tour on the middle Sunday.

Saline Celtic Fest
The annual Saline Celtic Fest is Sat, July 17.  If you plan to participate please contact Baron Tairdelbach.  A parade is scheduled this year.

Archery
Practice is now on Thursday at Dillon's house from 5:30p until dark. The address is 330 West Clark road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.

Seige of Talonval
Fri, July 9- Sun, July 11

If you plan to attend this event please send Aelfric your tent size so that he will be able to get an adequate space allotment for our group.  There will be a pot-luck Saturday night.  It is open to anyone who would like to join whether people are camping or not.

This is also a good time to test your Pennsic tent.

Archery
Practice is now on Thursday at Dillon's house from 5:30p until dark. The address is 330 West Clark road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.

Events

It was reported by Baron Tairdelbach and Jadwiga that Garb Workday, last Saturday, was well-attended.  The next Garb Workday is Sat, July 31, the same day as Land Grab.

Old Business

Old List Field
The Seneschal reports that Weald Lake wants to buy both the list field and the knight stands for $165.00 total.  He said that to sell the items together will release Cynnabar from our commitment at Richard's barn.  Richard is willing to store the items for Weald Lake.

A decision will be made on Mon, July 19

Banking
The group is considering changing banks from the University of Michigan Credit Union to TCF Bank. The rules of the credit union do
not accommodate our needs very well.  The credit union has limited hours and locations.

TCF has nationwide locations and totally free checking with a specific balance.  We will be able to meet those requirements easily.  We will have to pay for checks.

More info to come.

Baronial Gift to Ayreton
Their Excellencies propose that we spend $35.00 each for 10 shields. Total cost would be $350.00.  Ayreton is being raised to a Barony on September 11, 2010.

A decision will be made on Mon, July 12.

Armored Helmets
Jason reports that the order is confirmed. Expected arrival is 4 to 5 weeks.  The order is for one medium and one extra large helm from Ashcraft Baker.

Big House Big Heart Charity Run
Oct, 2-3,
University of Michigan Football Stadium

Registration before Aug 31 is $13/person.  Sign-up is on an individual basis. Contact Galen for more info.

Pennsic Arms Display
The Herald has received 33 entries.  The deadline is June 30 to submit your arms information.

Sun Shade
The Baron researched and found high-wind stakes for $4.95 each plus shipping at an online army-navy store.  He reports that regular stakes are available for $2.25 each plus shipping from Falls Creek Sutlery.

The Baron proposes that the Barony purchase:
12 high-wind stakes @ $4.95 each = $60.00  plus shipping
20 regular stakes    @  $2.25 each = $45.00  plus shipping
                             Grand Total  = $105.00 plus shipping

A decision will be made on Mon, July 26

Chronicler
We need a new Chronicler.  Our current officer, Ysendra de Craig is leaving the area soon. If anyone is interested please contact the Seneschal.

The group is redefining the position of Chronicler and also what information could be included in The Citadel.

Officially, the Citadel must publish quarterly. Content is at the discretion of the Barony.  A financial report must be included once a year.

Suggested duties for the new Chronicler:
1. Include writings from a more historical point of view
2. Include info about what is going on in Cynnabar
3. Approach people to write about specific topics

Thrones
PASSED- The proposal from Their Excellencies to spend $500.00 for two new unfinished thrones.  There will be no shipping. Their Excellencies plan to pick up the thrones themselves.

Baron Tairdelbach says the escutcheon from the old thrones will be removed and placed on the new.

More money may needed for finishing or carving at a later date.

Tokens
PASSED-Sir Straum proposes that we spend $150.00 tokens to be used for wagering at Grand Tourney.

New Meeting Site
The Corner Brewery in Depot Town in Ypsilanti is suggested as a new meeting site.  The manager is willing to accommodate our needs if we agree to meet there on a regular basis.  We can hold workshops and watch our movies on their television.

Concern has been expressed about having a meeting in a bar.

People under 21 may enter the establishment before 9pm.

It is suggested that people imbibe with restraint.

It is proposed that the group hold one meeting at the Corner Brewery on Mon, July 26 to see if it works.

A decision will be made on Mon, July 12.  That will give us time to cancel the reservation at the Michigan League for that day without penalty.

Ypsilanti Heritage Festival
Amyon reports that she informed the Heritage Festival organizer that the Barony would not be participating in the event.   The organizer hopes we will consider being a part of the event in some way in the future.

Manchester Library Demo
Sat, Aug. 21, 12p-4p
912 City Rd
Manchester, Mi 48158

The Manchester Library is creating an event with a Middle Ages theme for the whole family.  Cynnabar is collaborating with Talonval help present this event.

Amyon has been contacted by two adults in the Manchester community who would like to join our fencing demo.  She informed them that it's important for them to attend several practices before Pennsic, to get an idea of SCA combat and equipment.  They were also informed that they would also be required to sign a waiver.

Amyon will contact the Library staff and provide information on where to find T-Tunic patterns for those in the community who want to make their own period garb.

Grand Tourney
Sat, Nov 20, 2010
Holy Cross Lutheran Church
30650 Six Mile Rd
Livonia, Mi 48152

Royalty Liaison- Their Excellencies Baron Tairdelbach and Baroness Hannah
Armored Marshal- Sir Straum
Fencing Marshal- Lord Arnolde
Lunch Tavern- Lady Ilse and Lady Gwendolyn
Wagering- Sir Straum
Youth Fighting- Lord Kazmer
List Table-Mistress Claire
Set-up- All
Clean-up- All
Dress the Set- All
Website-Simcha Chaya
Pale Ad- Simcha Chaya

Need
Troll
Youth Games

12th Night
Sat, Jan 8, 2011
Dixboro United Methodist Church
5221 Church Road
Ann Arbor, MI  48105

Royalty Liaison- Their Excellencies
Music- Aaron
Classes- Baroness Giovanna
Art & Sciences display/competition
Games- Arnold
Merchants- Amyon
Website- Simcha-Chaya
Pale Ad- Simcha-Chaya
Set-up- All
Clean-up- All
Dress the Set-All

Need
Troll
Lunch Tavern

New Business

Ypsilanti District Library Demo-Whittaker Road
The Library contacted the Chatelaine and asked if the group was interested in doing another demo this Fall.  More info to come.

 Money Expenditures
Aaron suggests that it should be made clear that money is never specifically earmarked for a certain group.

Meeting Adjourned
Amyon

Though I strive for accuracy, I apologize for any mistakes.