[Cynnabar] reminder minutes

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:14:35 EDT 2010

Reminder Minutes

Last Meeting before Pennsic
Mon, July 26 at:

The Corner Brewery
720 Norris Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
On the corner of
Forest and Norris between River and Huron 2 blocks north of Cross
Street.
734-480-2739

To be voted on:
Sun Shade
Baron
 Tairdelbach researched and found high-wind stakes for $4.95 each plus
shipping at an online army-navy store.  He reports that regular
stakes are available for $2.25 each plus shipping from Falls Creek
Sutlery.

The Baron proposes that the Barony purchase:

12 high-wind stakes @ $4.95 each = $60.00

20 regular stakes    @  $2.25 each = $45.00

Shipping                                    = $33.75

                             Grand Total  =$138.75

A decision will be made on Mon, July 26

**************************
Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting
Mon, July 19,
2010

Announcements

Group Photo
There will be a
group photo taken sometime during Pennsic for the website main page.
See Baron Tairdelbach for details.

Pennsic
 Retainer Duty
Guards and retainers for Sunday, August 8.  Please
contact Baroness Hannah if you are interested.

Available
Retainer Shifts:
2 retainer shifts-
    (one for Her
Majesty, one for His Majesty) from 4-6 pm

3 guard shifts-

one from 2-3 pm

Pennsic
 Knowne World Baronial Championship Tourney
This
event is scheduled for Monday of War week, from 3p-6p. We are on the Red
 List. Volunteers are needed for set-up at 2pm and clean-up afterward.

Pennsic Baronial Court
Baronial
 Court will be held on Wednesday.  The schedule starts
at 5pm and will be as follows:
-Pot Luck
-Baronial Court
-Cynnabar's
 Got Talent
-Shopping

Pennsic
 Camp Tour
Their Excellencies will lead a Pennsic
camp tour on the middle Sunday.

Pennsic
 Tents
If you have not done so please send your tent size to
Straum as soon as possible. It's especially important this year because
Straum reports that the Barony has its usual location, but we are
compressed.  Space will be tight, but we will be ok.

Archery
Practice is held on Thursday's
at Dillon's house from 5:30p until dark. The address is 330 West Clark
road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.

Award Recommendations
Suggestions are
 being taken for Baronial Awards at Pennsic and Kingdom awards at Grand
Tourney. Please send your submissions to Their Excellencies.

Pentamere Regional Practice
The
Barony of Cynnabar is hosted a fight practice on Tues, July 20 at Island
 Park.

Kill
 and Grill
Baron Tairdelbach reports that we will
hold our monthly tournament Sun, July 25, at Island Park.

Events

Baron Tairdelbach and many others reported that the
 Saline Celtic Fest went well.  The weather
was sunny and hot. It did not rain. Many fighters, armored and rapier,
attended. His Excellency Gregoire did an outstanding job as the MC,
combining armored and rapier fighting styles into his narrative.  The
audience was well-entertained and informed.  The Arts and Sciences area
had many visitors also.  We received 35 emails from people interested in
 our group.  It was noted that the crowds grew larger as the afternoon
progressed.

Old Business

Manchester Library Demo
Sat,
 Aug. 21, 12p-4p
912 City Rd
Manchester, Mi 48158

I know
that attention is focused on preparing for Pennsic.  I would ask the
Barony to keep in mind that it would be great to make a good showing at
this event.  If it goes well there is potential to increase our numbers
and have a say in scheduling if it happens again next year.

The
following is the latest update:
Parking- The volunteers will park in
the back.  The lot is fairly large and is located across the street from
 the site.
Water- A local merchant has been asked to donate 10 cases
of bottled water.
Period Fables- Arin is supplying the info.
Manchester
 community fencers- There is one person who is interested in fencing
with the SCA. He came to practice last week and plans to return.

Clinton Fall Festival
Sept
24-26
Clinton,
MI

Baron
Tairdelbach was approached about the Barony participating in this
event.  There is nothing new to report except that it is the same
weekend as Coronation.

Longbow Competition
Renaissance
 Festival- Holly, Mi
Sept
25-26

It was
reported that Dillon said there is a $10.00 entry fee for anyone who
wants to participate in the Longbow competition. Check the website-www.michrenfest.com
 for more info.  At the top of the website go to-- Special
Events--contests--Sept 25/26--Longbow.

U-M
 Recruiting
Festifall-
 Wed, Sept 8
Northfest-
 Tues, Sept 14

Jadwiga
has registered the Barony for Festifall.  She is waiting for
confirmation on Northfest. This is our best opportunity to recruit from
the University of Michigan.  There will be a call for volunteers after
Pennsic.
It was suggested that the Mass Meeting for newcomers be
 held at the Michigan Union. Jadwiga will find out the best available
date for room rental.  More info to come.

Old List Field
APPROVED-The
 Seneschal reports that Weald Lake has agreed to the purchase price of
$165.00 total for the the list field and the knight stands.  Selling the items together releases Cynnabar from our
commitment at Richard's barn.  Richard is willing to store the items for
 Weald Lake.

Banking
The
group was considering changing banks from the University of Michigan
Credit Union to TCF Bank.  On further research it was discovered that it
 would cost the group $100.00 to set up an institutional account at
TCF.  Also that bank is not nationwide.

Ranthulfr
 submitted information about Midwest Financial Credit Union to the
Exchequer.  This bank has many of the services that we need, plus they
may merge which would increase the number of their local branches.

The main issue is that the Kingdom Exchequer has to be a
 signer on our account. That person does not live in the area and our
current bank will not except a notarized document from that person.

The group decided that more research is needed.

Armored Helmets
The
 order is confirmed. We are still waiting for delivery. The order is for
 one medium and one extra large helm from Ashcraft Baker.

Pennsic
 Arms Display
The Herald has received 33 entries.

Big House Big Heart Charity Run
Oct, 2-3,
University of Michigan
Football Stadium

Registration before Aug 31 is
$13/person.  Sign-up is on an individual basis. Contact Galen for more
info.

Grand Tourney
Sat, Nov 20, 2010
Holy Cross Lutheran Church
30650 Six Mile Rd
Livonia, Mi 48152

Shoshana is preparing the Pale ad for submission on
Tues, July 20.  Nothing else new to report.

Sun Shade
Baron Gregoire has nearly completed repairs to the Sun
Shade.  He estimates he will need less than $50.00 to finish.  More info
 to come.

Sun Shade
Baron
 Tairdelbach researched and found high-wind stakes for $4.95 each plus
shipping at an online army-navy store.  He reports that regular
stakes are available for $2.25 each plus shipping from Falls Creek
Sutlery.

The Baron proposes that the Barony purchase:
12 high-wind stakes @ $4.95 each = $60.00
20 regular stakes    @  $2.25 each = $45.00
Shipping                                    = $33.75
                             Grand Total  =$138.75

A decision will be made on Mon, July 26

Open Positions
Jadwiga has expressed interest inthe Chronicler
position.  Arin has expressed interest in the MOAS position.  The
positions will remain open until after Pennsic.  If anyone is interested
 please contact the Seneschal.

Ypsilanti District Library
Demo-Whittaker Road
The group has chosen Sun, Oct 10, 2010, as a tentative
date pending any scheduling conflicts with other SCA events.  More info
to come.

Financial Policy
If the fundraiser is done by a group representing the
Barony it goes to the general fund.  If the group needs an item.  They
can bring the proposal to the group, hold a fundraiser to offset the
costs of the item, then ask the Barony to help purchase the item if the
fundraiser was not enough.

This policy has been in place since last year.

New Meeting
 Site Tryout
The Corner Brewery
720 Norris Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
On the corner of
Forest and Norris between River and Huron 2 blocks north of Cross
Street.
734-480-2739

The group will meet at the Corner
 Brewery on Mon, July 26 on a trial basis.

Schedule:
7p-documentary
 on the 12th century
8p-business
 meeting

New

Open Position
Starting the first business meeting after Pennsic the
position of recording the minutes of the meeting will be open.  If
anyone is interested please contact the Seneschal.

Reimbursement
Aelfric spent $42.12 in refreshments for the group at
Celtic Fest.  The Seneschal agreed to reimburse him.

Loaner Armored
 Equipment
Uillec asks that anyone interested
 in using the loaner equipment please contact him in advance of fight
practice.  He has not been attending practice due to injuries.

Terpsichore
Aelfric reports that the St. Paul United Church of Christ in Saline
 has changed its policy on room use.  We will no longer be allowed to
enter the Sanctuary and the small chapel.  Court will be moved to the
main hall area downstairs.

Midrealm
 Tax Realignment
The Exchequer
reports that for tax purposes the Midrealm will be incorporated by
state. This is a paperwork issue.  The general populace will not notice
any difference in their SCA life.

Pennsic
 Hiatus
There will be no
workshops or business meetings during Pennsic.
There will be no
armored fight practice during Pennsic.
There will be no fencing practice Sun, Aug 8

Wassail
This is an open call for an autocrat for Wassail.  The
Seneschal would like to have one appointed by October.

Officer Reports

Chatelaine
Welcome letters have been sent to the 35 newcomers from
the Celtic Fest and the 6 newcomers from fight practice recently.

Exchequer
Our bank balance
 is approximately- $5100.00

Chronicler
The Citadel is posted.

Armored Marshal
-Still waiting for helms
-No armored practice during Pennsic

Fencing Marshal
The new swords are working out well

Webminister
-Please let him know if you find any broken links
-The photo on the main page will be changing

Herald
We miss Simcha and need her at the meetings

Moas
-Next week's workshop- movie on the 12th century
-Everyone is making Pennsic garb

Their Excellencies
We are still a Barony

Seneschal