[Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 6/14/10

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 22:09:48 EDT 2010

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting Minutes
Mon, June 14, 2010

Announcements

Pennsic Info:
Today, Tuesday, is the last day for Pre-Registration.

The Barony of Cynnabar is scheduled for retainer duty on the middle Sunday in the afternoon. More info to come.

The Knowne World Baronial Championship Tourney is Monday of War week, from 3p-6p in the afternoon.  We are on the Red List. Volunteers are needed.

Baronial Court will be held on Wednesday following a Pot-luck feast.

Their Excellencies will lead a tour of our encampment for Newcomers.

We welcome the family of four newcomers that came to the meeting on Monday.

Events

Jason and Baron Tairdelbach attended North Oaken War Manuevers last weekend.  The fighting was intense and the weather was hot.

Old Business

New Meeting Site
The Corner Brewery in Depot Town in Ypsilanti was suggested as new meeting site recently.  Nothing new to report.

Loaner Fencing Swords
The new swords have been purchased.

Armored Helms
The helms will be ordered this week.  If anyone is interested please contact Sgt. Jason.

Grand Tourney
A contract is being prepared.  It will delivered along with the deposit to Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Livonia soon.

12th Night
Sat, Jan 8, 2011
Dixboro United Methodist Church
Ann Arbor, MI

The signed contract and deposit have been delivered.  More info to come.

Demo Table Banner
Nothing new to report

Big House Big Heart Charity Run
Oct, 2-3,
University of Michigan Football Stadium
Registration before Aug 31 is $13/person.  Sign-up is on an individual basis. Contact Galen for more info.

Pennsic Arms Display
The Herald has received 33 entries.  The deadline is June 30 to submit your arms information.

Sound System Policy
The new deadline for the completed policy is the first meeting in July.

Sun Shade
The Baron said there may be a need for stakes.  More info to come.

Gold Key
The cataloguing continues.

Chronicler
We need a new chronicler.  Our current officer, Ysendra de Craig is leaving the area soon. If anyone is interested please contact her.

The group is also discussing what the responsibilities of the Chronicler should be and a new format for the Citadel.

Thrones
Their Excellencies have submitted a proposal from Baron Conal for $500.00 for two chairs.  It would be an extra $25 per chair($50 for two) for the finish of their choice.  This is the second discussion.  A decision will be made at the next meeting.  Their Excellencies will still consider other ideas.

Baronial Gifts
Baron Tairdelbach reports that The Incipient Barony of Ayreton(Chicagoland area) is being raised to a Barony on September 11, 2010. Their Royal Majesties suggest that, as a region, we offer them a gift.  It should be regalia quality or useful. Sir Straum suggested we make war shields.  An added suggestion was that another group make tabards. More discussion to follow.

Saline Celtic Fest
The annual Saline Celtic Fest is Sat, July 17.  If you are interested in participating please contact Baron Tairdelbach.  A parade scheduled this year.

Ypsilanti Heritage Festival
Fri, Aug 20, 12p- Sun, Aug 22, 6pm
Riverside Park

We have 2 options for participation.

Option 1
The Encampment requires:
1. Time commitment
    a. Three days and 2 nights, (overnights included)
    b. 3 days and 3 nights if we set-up on Thursday
2. Period tents
    a. once tents are set they cannot be taken down
3. Information table
    need people to work the table during Festival hours
4. A&S table
    need people to work the table during Festival hours
5. Other SCA activities
    To create a more complete presence we would need people working on Arts and Sciences projects throughout the event.
6. Demo- on one of the days
    A. Need
      1. singers
      2. dancers
      3. musicians
      4. armored combat
      5. rapier

-We provide our own tables, chairs, security etc.
-Nothing can be dismantled until closing.
-Cars cannot be brought into the park between Friday, 12p-Sun, 6p.
-There will be shuttles that drop attendees near the park within walking distance.
-Golf carts can be made available for transport from the vendor parking lot to the site for those who need them.

Option 2
The Demo Only commitment requires:
1. Set-up list field
2. Performance- 30-60 minutes
    1. singers
    2. dancers
    3. musicians
    4. armored combat
    5. rapier
3. Tear-down list field

The organizers said they would transport any people or equipment we have from the vendors parking lot.
They are in the process of preparing the performance schedule now.  The openings for a Demo Only commitment that are available are:
     Sat, Aug 21, at 4pm or 6pm
     Sun, Aug 22, at 1p or 2pm

The organizers need an answer as soon as possible.  The schedule is filling up.

Any comments?

New Business

Archery
Practice has CHANGED to THURSDAY at Dillon's house from 5:30p until dark. The address is 330 West Clark road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.

Manchester Library Demo

Sat, Aug, 21, 12p-4p

We have an opportunity to participate in a demo at the Manchester Library in collaboration with Talonvale.  Baron Tairdelbach and Amyon will attend a meeting on Wed, June 16, in Manchester to get details.  More info to come.

Seige of Talonval
Fri, July 9- Sun, July 11

Aelfric is our land agent for this event.  He would like those planning to attend send him your tent sizes so he will be able to get enough space allotment for our group.

Banking
The Barony will be changing banks from the University of Michigan Credit Union to TCF Bank.  We are told the new bank will be easier to do business with.  More info to come.

Meeting Adjourned
I apologize for any inaccuracies

Amyon