[Cynnabar] A Final Message from Gregoire and Giovanna - Reprinted from the Citadel

Greg Less greg.less at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:05:18 EDT 2010

Greetings to all whom these words come, from Gregoire and Giovanna Baron and
Baronessa of Cynnabar.  May the peace of St. Cynnabarius shine upon you and
lead you always to a comforting welcome.

The joyous days of spring are upon us again; a time of re-birth and
reinvigoration for all of nature.  So too, is it time for a re-birth in
Cynnabar. Giovanna and I have had the unparalleled pleasure and honor of
representing you as your Baron and Baroness for nearly five years, but now
our time draws to a close.

During our time on the Cynnabar thrones we held court three to four times a
year, and each time we had business;  recognizing a fantastic, dedicated
populace. As Baron and Baroness, we created two new awards – the Order of
the Elephant’s Tusk and the Tower’s Foundation. The Elephant’s Tusk is to be
given to those members of the populace who inspire us to push ourselves to
the next level in our kit, our prowess, our arts, our service; it was our
pleasure to give this award to Sir Kieran, Mistress Melisent, and Maestra
Arriana. The Tower’s Foundation is a mid-level service award which we
proudly handed out to more than a dozen members of the barony. We had the
joy of inducting seven new members into the Order of the Silver Tower,
creating two new Defenders of the Tower, and awarding several Tower’s
Lights. The number of Elephant’s Hearts we have bestowed is uncountable!

We have been proud to watch The Cynnabar Grande Tourney become an event that
draws top fighters and fencers from around the kingdom to compete. We have
laughed with you (and at you!) during Cynnabar’s Got Talent each year at
Pennsic. Terpsichore continues to be a pinnacle event for the dance
community from around the Known World. Wassail will always remain one of our
favorite events of the year.

 We have reveled together in beautiful days of endless blue sky and found
strength through suffering in cold, wet weather. These have been wonderful
years in which we have had the pleasure of making new friends and the
difficulty of saying good bye to old friends.

Above all, period footwear is everywhere!