[Cynnabar] resending min from 5/10/10

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 22:31:41 EDT 2010

Next meeting: Monday, May 17, 2010

*********************

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting
Mon, May 10, 2010

Announcements

Saline Celtic Fest
The annual Saline Celtic Fest is Sat, July 17.

Pennsic
The deadline to pre-register to camp with the Barony of Cynnabar is June 1.  Contact Sir Straum for details.

Website
The new Baronial website is up.

Events

Collegium Artium Vulgarum
Lady Teagan and Lady Aemelia attended the Collegium Artium Vulgarum in the Barony of Donnershafen this past weekend.  They said it snowed; that it was a small group but very hospitable.  There were many A&S entries for the Pentamere regional competition.  Lady Teagan attended a class on how to make a simple, beautiful banner.  She would be willing to give workshop on the same technique to the group.

Baron Wars
The event was cold and muddy.  Ann and Ranthulfr received first and second prize respectively in the A&S competition.  Sir Straum reported that Sir Pallinor was appointed the posts of General of the Army and Admiral of the Navy.  Warder Anton was appointed Commodore of the Navy.

Old

Heritage Festival
Aug 20-22, Riverside Park, Ypsilanti
The organizers of the Festival are happy to have the Barony be part of the Festival.  We have the 1000 square feet we requested. Our site will be under a grove of trees by the river.  The group will not have to pay $85 for a booth because we will not be selling merchandise.  The organizers would like to know if we will participate in the parade on Sat, Aug 21 at 10am.  More discussion and info to follow.

Thrones
His Excellency Gregoire offered some thoughts on how the current thrones might be modified temporarily, in case viable options for replacements are not found.

Their Excellencies have also been in contact with a couple different out of Barony woodworkers. One in particular Baron Conal O'hAirt who lives in the Barony of the Flame makes a nice foldable version of the Glastonbury chairs, which could be made to include the painted escutcheons from the current thrones. He does not have current wood costs, but estimated around $200 - $300 per chair in Red Oak.

Baron Conal does not do carving, but Sir RanthulfR offered to try to contact some people he knows who do chip carving to see what  it may cost to add that to the chairs.

Their Excellencies do remain interested in hearing any thoughts that people have on this topic as we would like to involve as many people in the Barony as possible.

Fun Run
Oct, 2-3
Registration before Aug 31 is $13/person.  Sign-up is on an individual basis. Contact Galen for more info.

Pennsic Arms Display
Shoshanna has received 33 entries.  The Deadline is June 30th to submit your arms information to her.

Grand Tourney
Sat, Nov 20
Baron Tairdelbach, The Baroness Hannah, Lord Arnold, Lady Ilse, Lord Uillec and Lady Amyon toured the Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Livonia on Wed, May 5.  The site will easily accommodate the event.  The total fee is $125.00.  It is a dry site.  Details will follow in a separate document.

Sound System
A usage policy is being formulated.  More info to come.

12th Night
Sat, Jan 8, 2011
The Dixboro Methodist Church site for $700.00 has been approved. More info to come.

Sun Shade
The proposal for $500.00 to purchase the sun shade from Sir Straum and $100 for supplies to keep it working has been approved. This purchase will include the canvas, the center pole and any poles he does not need for his other tent.

Repairs will be assessed.  It was also suggested that the tent might need new stakes. Prices will be researched.  More info to come.

Gold Key
The cataloguing continues.

Chronicler
We need a new chronicler.  Our current officer, Ysendra de Craig will be leaving the area in three months. If anyone is interested please contact her.

Demo Table Banner(this item is not new, it was discussed at the last meeting but included in the minutes)
The Chatelaine would like to have a display banner that would stretch across the front of the table at recruiting events. This will help us be identified easier. More discussion and research to follow.

Slide Show
The Chatelaine would like to create a slide show (running on a computer) to be used at recruiting events. I would appreciate any photographs from events that would be helpful to newcomers.  Please send them to- chatelaine at cynnabar.org.  Also, lf anyone is interested in working on this project with Amyon, please contact her.

NEW

Loaner Swords
Lord Arnold proposed that the group purchase at least one, preferably two new loaner swords. One rapier is 43" long for melee, the other is 37" long for standard fencing .  Both are $95.00-on sale.  With shipping it would cost about approximately $115 each.

Right now the Barony owns one adult sword.  The rest are the adult swords are the personal property of Lord Arnold. Since we have a growing community of fencers he feels that this new equipment would be helpful.  More discussion to follow.

Armored Helms
The armored fighters proposed $200.00 total(includes shipping) for two new helms.  More discussion to follow.

Meeting Adjourned
I apologize for any inaccuracies

Amyon