[Cynnabar] Scribal Sunday

Hannah Schreiber hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 15:39:50 UTC 2011

Hello all...

Just like last week we'll be trying our hands at some scribal art skills at
practice this weekend on Sunday. We're scheduled to be in the Kunzel room again
--- so hopefully we'll be able to set tables out in the hallway as we did last
week. I'm teaching a class on how to paint for scribal arts. We'll focus on how
to apply paint to paper to get a look like in period documents and we'll take a
look at what's known as 'white work' and practice some of those techniques as
well. This class will begin at 1:30....but we'll probably start gabbing and
scribing other stuff about 12, 12:30.

If you're interested in joining us -- please bring something to paint drawn out
on pencil on paper that will withstand paint and water (for example, Bristol
board). If you have scribal supplies -- great -- if not, I'll have some to loan
for the day.

If you'd just like to hang because your man (or woman!) is practicing please
come do so, too --- or just come to visit or work on other projects!

Hope to see you there. Email me if you have questions!

Thanks,
Hannah

 There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that
reflects it. ~Edith Wharton