[Cynnabar] New Sign for the Barony

Dennis Higgins mortisfan at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 18:17:37 UTC 2011

Hello,

The Barony agreed to spend up to $140 on a new parade banner, with the
understanding that this will most likely come un under that as his Grace Dag
was quoting us the retail price and not the wholesale/merchant price he will
be able to get us.

There was lengthy discussion around the expenditure of funds, including
Godaeth kindly offering to pay for herself and donate the banner to the
group. In the end, with the amount of demos/recruitment coming up quickly,
the general agreement was that a new banner available for these would be a
very-good-thingT. The procedure for using an expedited expenditure was
brought up and after more discussion, was agreed upon by everyone at the
meeting that the situation did warrant it considering the (relatively) low
cost of the expenditure. So the group was asked and everyone agreed to go
ahead with the expedited expenditure for the new parade banner. This did not
fall under the discretionary spending.

As far as the number of banners, I was only aware of one (the old parade
banner) that we were looking to replace/update. The matter of using a
non-period material was also discussed within the group (at the previous
meeting I believe) and in the end the cost, durability and ease of
manufacture of the vinyl banner won out.

As new Seneschal, I hear your concern about circumventing the standing "3
meeting" discussion process and will be very vigilant that these kinds of
discussions do not become the norm rather than the exception. I will always
be open to feedback, and in fact would like to encourage it, on how things
are going within our group.

-Finn

(new) Seneschal - Barony of Cynnabar