[Cynnabar] Fwd: [Mid] Pennsic University Class Registration

Ann Asplund asplund.ann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 09:27:58 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Micheal Hobbs <llewhobbs at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM
Subject: [Mid] Pennsic University Class Registration
To: sca-middle at midrealm.org, The Electronic Discussion Group of the
Midrealm Laurels <midlaurel at minstrel.com>

Forwarded by request

Greetings to the Ministers of Arts and Sciences of the Kingdoms of the Known
World!

I am pleased to announce that individuals may now register to teach classes
at Pennsic University.  I ask that you please take a moment to forward the
following message to any of your kingdom mailing lists that may be
appropriate, so that this information can be distributed as widely as
possible.

Thank you,

Helena Sibylla
Chancellor, Pennsic University
Pennsic XL

Greetings!

As the new year is well underway, it is time to think ahead to Pennsic!  This
year will be Pennsic XL, so we anticipate having an even more adventurous
time than usual as we celebrate this anniversary.

One of the most wonderful opportunities available to all of us at Pennsic is
the classes that are offered through Pennsic University, taught by people
from all over the Known World.  I am pleased to announce that class
registration for Pennsic XL is now available!

Though this is somewhat later in the year than we usually begin
registrations, the Pennsic University staff wishes everyone to know that the
delay was intentional, as we were exploring several options for handling the
behind the scenes processes of the University.  At this point, we are still
working to update and streamline our processes to make the working of the
University more efficient and user-friendly.

Please take this opportunity to consider teaching a class (or classes).
Share
the knowledge and skills you have acquired through your participation in the
SCA!  To register a class, please use the following link:

http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/AANDS/PENNU/

Even if you are not interested in teaching a class by yourself, keep in mind
that the classes that are taught are those offered by the instructors
themselves.  Thus, if you want to see classes on a particular topic, contact
the talented individuals that you know in that field and encourage them to
teach.  It is also possible to team-teach classes, so combine your skills
with those of another!

This year, there will once again be an Artisan’s Row for more a more
intimate opportunity to see different arts and sciences in process rather
than in the traditional sense of a class.  Please see the A&S section of the
Pennsic website for more information on Artisan’s Row.

If you enjoyed classes at Pennsic 39, please note that several instructors
have made their class information and/or contact information available to
interested parties.  The link to Contact Last Year’s Teachers is available
in the Pennsic University website given above.

Please distribute this message to other SCA related lists and interested
parties, and most importantly, sign up to teach a class!  The greater the
diversity of our teachers, the better an opportunity Pennsic University will
be!

Have a great Pennsic!

Baroness Aldermoureis Ventzke, Class Scheduler (registrar at pennsicwar.org)

TH Lady Fiadnata ó Gleann Ŕlainn, Artisan’s Row Coordinator (
artisansrow at pennsicwar.org)

Lady Helena Sibylla, Chancellor (chancellor at pennsicwar.org)