[Cynnabar] Thanks -- BUSY weekend!

Hannah Schreiber hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 03:35:56 UTC 2011

Greetings to the fine citizens of the Barony of Cynnabar!

Tairdelbach and I would like to thank the many members who came to participate
in the activities at Talonval AND Celtic Fest this weekend. These are both very
important events for the Barony and despite it being a very hot day through the
smiles on everyone's faces I'm confident we were having fun!  A special thanks
to Giovanna for organizing our presence at Celtic Fest. And thanks to Halima,
Fatima, Dove and Zahira for our Halfa fun at Talonval.

In addition to the events of the weekend -- many people showed up for another
90-degree day to paint shields at practice today. Once again the Cynnabar War
Machine was fast at work and completed the detail work on the 11 shields we
started a few weeks ago. At one point in the afternoon a spectator wandered by
and saw the shields drying in the sun only to ask if we were 'preparing for war'
-- to which we replied: "why yes, actually!"

Today's painters were:
Daye
Genoveva
Alexander
Birke
Arnold
Tim
Uillec
Ilsa
Beata
Airn

To everyone -- We are sincerely grateful to you all for your dedication to the
Barony. Thank you so very much!

Hannah and Tairdelbach

 There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that
reflects it. ~Edith Wharton