[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes 7-11-11

Anne Stevenson elaine242 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:35:21 UTC 2011

Sorry these are late!!

Weekly meeting minutes for July 11, 2011

Announcements:
- Pennsic is just around the corner, are you ready?
- The kiln will be fired up at Arin's house and ready for people to use on
Wednesday.
- THL Ermenrich is holding a competition.  Please submit articles, prose,
poems, etc. regarding Cynnabar at Pennsic.  Also, photos can be submitted
(although not of Drunken Court or Cynnabar's Got Talent).  September 15th is
the deadline.
- Their Excellencies would like Baronial award recommendations for Pennsic
Court.

Event and Demo Reports:
Talonval - We had several authorizations during the day: Felix authorized in
fencing and Johannes in cross-over. Master Midair received jewelry from His
Highness to recognize his good works upon the field.  Also, Ermenrich
carried one of the relics of St. Cynnabarius, which he felt gave him the
strength to get him through all of the fighting and trials of the day!!  The
potluck was yummy and the Hafla was fun (despite the lack of light).

Tiger Hunt - Several fencers attended this event and Warder Arnold
authorized in sword and shield.

Celtic Festival - We had a great turn-out for the Festival from our side, as
well as a pretty good turnout from the public's side.  We also were given a
check for $200.  Thank you so much again to everyone that came out!!

Hudson Mill Fireworks - Great time, we will definitely do it again next
year!

Known World Dance - Several Cynnabar dancers attended this event and had a
great time!

Old Business:

Cynnabar sandwich board:
We have a new sandwich board to be used at practices, demos and so forth -
thank you Duke Dag!

Cynnabar's Fiber Faire:
More discussion was had regarding the possible conflicts with the date of
this event. Some possible thoughts were moving the Faire to Procrastinators
or changing the date all together.  More conversation to come.

Medieval Faire - Library Demo Manchester
Information regarding this demo will be sent out to the list from Giovanna

Kill and Grill:
Our next Kill and Grill will be July 24 in Island Park - hope to see you
there!!

**Business meeting will be suspended during Pennsic.
We still have meetings this month, however!!
There will still be members meeting at the Ann Arbor - Saline Borders
during Pennsic.  For those of you not going this is a great opportunity
to still meet, work on projects, talk to newcomers
and so forth!  Mistress Claire has said that she will be there.

New Business - None

My apologies for any mistakes or needed corrections!!

Yours,
Giovanna