[Cynnabar] Baronial Activites at Pennsic

Hannah Schreiber hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 15:00:33 UTC 2011

Greetings unto the noble citizens of Cynnabar,

Tairdelbach and Hannah do send well wishes as you plan for the upcoming War.
Please read on for Pennsic activities with your Barony! Your help, direction,
and support are both appreciated and needed!

Volunteering at Pennsic (Guard duty, Retainers, Peers on Duty and more!)
Hear it shall be known that for ANY member of the populace who volunteers any
service position completed at Pennsic for the Kingdom or for any general Pennsic
staff you will receive a token of appreciation for your duty from us! We
encourage you all to do at least one hour of help in any way possible as many
happy hands make for lighter work for all. After you complete your service
please let us know!

Guard duty consists of standing in front of Midrealm Royal and giving the
direction of passage to those entering --- yes they can, or no they cannot --
based on the Crown's activities. These are arranged through the Kingdom
Castellan and can be scheduled in advance of arriving at Pennsic through this
web site link:
http://www.castlewalls.com/POD/Gate_Form.php

Despite my best efforts we have no official 'block of time' for as retainers for
Their Majesties or Their Highnesses. I encourage you to sign-up by going to the
Midrealm Royal main gate and inquiring. Retaining shifts vary by the activities
of the Crown. If you have never retained before this is a fantastic opportunity
to see the 'behind the scenes' of the Crown. I had originally tried for 'middle'
Sunday afternoon, so if you want to try for that time -- that'd be great.

Peers -- you should have already been contacted about volunteering for  shifts.
There is an electronic sign up list. If you didn't receive that,  please email
me and I will send you the link. I know you have busy schedules, so any
volunteering you can manage is greatly appreciated!

The above are just mentioned as service at Midrealm Royal. There are MANY other
ways to serve at Pennsic, too. Volunteers are always needed as water bearers, at
herald's point, as teachers, at gate, at info point, at Pennsic University, at
security and others that I'm sure I'm not even mentioning. If you do not know
how to meet up with these locations and services -- we can help put you in
touch.

Known World Rapier Champions andKnown World Armored Champions Competitions
Wednesday, August 10, 4-6 pm and Thursday, August 11, 4-6 pm (respectively)
Volunteers will be needed to help bring things to the field to set up; to help
serve combatants and panel; keep dishes full; to assist the panel with selection
We co-host these events with the Barony of Northwoods.
Please contact Baroness Hannah if you can help with either date or  time.

Wednesday, August 10, evening
Second Annual Baronial Thanksgiving Potluck, 5:30 pm
 After huge success -- and MUCH food - please join the Barony for the 2nd Annual
Baronial Thanksgiving Dinner! Bring a dish to pass. There will be a prize
(chosen by Their Excellencies) as to the best dish based on theme and level of
difficulty to cook in camp -- or whim!

Volunteers will be needed to help with set-up, starting at about 5 pm for set-up
About 2-3 people should be good.
Please contact Baroness Hannah if you would like to help.

Baronial Court (AKA "Drunken" Court), approximately 6:30 pm
Please join us for court. Your award recommendations are needed. Please see the
Baronial OP for a list of the awards. Email Us with your suggestions for
Baronial Awards.

Cynnabar's Got Talent, immediately following court
Can you sing, or dance, or recite a poem...or better yet...not do any of those
things but wanna give it a try! The "premiere" event of the summer season,
Cynnabar's Got Talent showcases some of the best acts of the season! Contact Us
if you'd like to enter and be the talk of Pennsic for the remaining year! A
winner is chosen by Us. Please remember that for everyone's privacy -- there is
NO photography allowed.

Group meander to Midnight Madness, immediately following Cynnabar's Got Talent
Please join us as we walk up to the shopping areas for Midnight Madness Shopping
on Wednesday night after the Talent Show. Perhaps we'll make it past the end of
the road as a group this year! :)

Leading Our Troupes to Battle
Monday, August 8 & Friday, August 12 --- approximately 8:45 a.m.
Please join the Barony as we walk up to the battle field for the day with Our
Baronial troupes. Our fine musicians will lead us in the Baronial Fight song.

Baronial Group Trip to Archery for Populace Shoot
Friday, August 12, 3-5 pm
Please join us as we head up to the Archery Range to add our arrows to help for
war points in Archery. We will leave for the range promptly at 3 pm from camp.

Looking forward to seeing you all at War,
Tairdelbach and Hannah