[Cynnabar] Gorget Update

Greg Less greg.less at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:44:57 UTC 2011

Hi All-

   Some updates on the gorgets:

1) The good news: The pieces and parts are nearly all cut out! I have the
plates left to go and anticipate their completion next week. I should have
at least some the kits ready for pickup by next weekend's practice.

2) The bad news: There is more demand than supply at this point. I have
enough leather and rivets to make twelve gorgets, but have up to 18 that
people have asked me for. If you are on the fence about needing a gorget,
have your own leather and rivets and just need a pattern, or are able to
wait until we have enough interest to buy more supplies, please let me know.
If I don't get enough volunteers, I will go by order in which I received
your firm commitment email.

3) The unknown: It looks like my initial price estimate still holds sound
($25/gorget) but I reserve the right to change that. With fewer gorgets
being made from the supplies, each gorget may end up costing more. I still
haven't purchased the plastic plates, so I won't know final numbers until
next week.

4) Assembly: Once I have the kit pieces all cut out, it should be relatively
straight forward for people to assemble them on their own. All the same, I
will happily hold a workshop at a practice to make sure that assembly is as
smooth as possible for everyone.

Thanks,

-Gregoire.