[Cynnabar] New illumination progress pictures

Randy Asplund RandyAsplund at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 17:27:23 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I just uploaded some new pictures of the progress on the 15th c.
French style book I am making. The descriptions are on my "Randy
Asplund, Artist" Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150216027221593.310251.97329371592&saved
#!/pages/Randy-Asplund-Artist/97329371592?sk=wall

The scale of the parchment is 7" high, and the quatrefoils on the
Zodiac page are 3/4" across. The media are goatskin parchment, 14th c.
Italian gilding gesso, medieval pigments tempered by me in gum arabic.
That essentially means hand made watercolor.

Enjoy!

RanthulfR

Randy Asplund
www.RandyAsplund.com
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103