[Cynnabar] Thank you

Matt Lagemann malagemann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:02:40 UTC 2011

This weekend I was presented with a Cynnabar Fighting Tabard.  I wanted to
thank the person who sewed it for me.  It seemed like an easy thing to do.
As it turns out, it was not so simple.  It seems that my tabard is not the
work of one person; it was a group effort.  Many people, before I ever moved
to this barony, got together and sewed the tabard (and several like it)
together so that some new fighter could wear it.

The tabard symbolizes many things to me.  Tairdelbach pointed out that it
shows that I am wearing the honor of the barony, just as the barony in turn
carries my honor with them.  It reaffirms that in nine month's time, I have
gone from this being your barony to our barony.

So thank you all.  To the people that came together to sew a tabard that
would be entrusted to me.  To the people who talked to me at the first
meeting I ever attended, making me feel welcome.  To the fighters who taught
and encouraged a new fighter.  To anyone and everyone that has made my wife
and I a part of the Barony of Cynnabar.

Hoobah!

Humbly,
Ermenrich