[Cynnabar] Baronial Phone Book

Matt Lagemann malagemann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:59:05 UTC 2011

 A few weeks ago I found myself searching for a phone number of someone in
the barony.  It occurred to me that at the time I only had three people's
numbers. One was in an email, another programmed in my phone, and the third
was written on a scrap piece of paper.  When I later asked about a Baronial
Phonebook, I was told that the last one was a few years old.  So I would
like to suggest that we put another one together.  I brought it up at the
meeting this past Monday, and people seemed to be in favor of the idea.  I
have developed an online form for people to fill out so I can put this book
together.  It is available here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&authkey=CN2nvIwK&formkey=dFJnT0luTG5wc3ZZTU9wSlMzYmpRUlE6MQ#gid=0.
Yeah I know the link is long, but it works!

Please do this before you forget, like right now!

Here are some questions I have been asked while putting this project
together with answers.  If you have any others, let me know.

Will this information be available online?
No.  While the information is collected with an online form, none of your
information will be available digitally.  The copy of the phone book will
only be available in a hard copy form.  While this does kill more trees, I
feel that many people have valid concerns about their information being
available online and that it is the person's right to decide how much or how
little they want floating around on cyberspace.

Do I have to fill the whole thing out?
No.  Pick and choose what information you want to give.  If you only want
people to know your name and email address that is fine. At least people
will have that.  The choice is yours.

Should my partner and I do separate entries?
Yes.  While most of the information will be the same, someone looking for
you might not know your partner, or vice versa.  Some fighters I think have
never met my wife and I am sure I only know some of the singers in passing,
so having a separate entry for Ermenrich and Kasha makes that easier.

When will this be available?
I plan on making it available after Pennsic. This gives people with August
to August leases time to figure out their new address.

What will it cost?
That has yet to be decided.  Right now I am leaning towards whatever the
cost is to make copies.  Once I know how long it will be I will be able to
get a figure out to people.

What if my information changes between now and the time of publication?
If this happens, email me the changes and I will edit the spreadsheet.

In Service,
Ermenrich
Baronial Chronicler