[Cynnabar] Fwd: [Mid] Fall Crown Tourney

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jun 21 17:32:43 UTC 2011

This is the Ohio State-Illinois game, so it will be a sell-out.

Just a word of advice--
Anyone who finds a room in the Champaign-Urbana area at this point might
want to check the quality and rating of the hotel through TripAdvisor
before paying $$$.
When I checked in April, there were almost no rooms at the better
hotels. The local no-tell motels still had some rooms available
at greatly inflated prices, but I am unsure if anyone would want to
actually spend
a night there.

People might try for Danville to the east, Tuscola to the south, and
Rantoul to the north as possible choices. With football traffic
heading into the game, you are looking at perhaps an hour-90 minute
commute into the Union and central campus. Parking on campus will be
another hassle of course.

Johnnae llyn Lewis, UI graduate and former Wurm Walder