[Cynnabar] A "minor" bit of censorship

Dan Peacock peacocda at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 01:12:49 UTC 2011

That too has been discussed.  Here's the logistical problem as it stands right
now: making that information available, in a secure fashion, to the chroniclers
that need it.  The key to that is "secure".  If you do it with an on-line
application, there are issues as long as your arm with securing that
information. If you distribute a list in a book, it could be outdated quickly
and still get out to those that would exploit that information.  It's always the
balancing act of security vs. usability.  Make it secure enough, no one can, or
won't want to, use it.

It sounds great in theory, but "the devil is in the details" as they say.
Anyone who tells you different is trying to sell you consulting time.  :)

I can say that we're trying to work on ways to make this easier for everyone.

Richard