[Cynnabar] Photo Update

Matt Lagemann malagemann at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:39:28 UTC 2011

Unto the Barony of Cynnabar,

Greetings!  I have recently heard back from the Kingdom Chronicler on where
the SCA stands with using photos.  The official stance is this:  Yes, you
can have minors in photos BUT their legal guardian must fill out the form.

Secondly, any picture that has someone who is identifiable must have a
"Model Release Form" on file with me.  I will have these forms available at
various functions in the future.  One of the boxes allows you to give
blanket permission to publish a photo, but allows you to retain the right to
ask that it be removed.  This is the one I would suggest people choose.  It
allows me to not have to hunt someone down in the future if I want to use
their photo.

Thank you all for your patience in awaiting the official rule.  I apologize
if there was some confusion in the past.  Hopefully this puts the issue to
rest.

In Service,
Ermenrich von Duisburg
Ich bin der Käse