[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for May 23, 2011

Anne Stevenson elaine242 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 13:47:36 UTC 2011

Weekly meeting minutes for May 23, 2011

**Note - there will be no meeting next Monday because of Memorial Day, and
then the next meeting will be the second Monday of June at Borders!!

Announcements:
- Friday, May 27th - Non-SCA field trip to the Kelsey Museum of Archeology
at 6:15pm.  Email to follow...
- Pending weather, archery practice will be Tuesday at 5:30 until ?
- If you have Kingdom award recommendations, please submit them!  It isn't
too early - the Kingdom has already pulled recommendations out through
Border Wars!
- Pennsic pre-registration; you only have 23 days left to do it!
- More fencing!!  Thursdays, 5:30 until dark - meet at Island Park.  Loaner
gear will be available.

Event and Demo Reports:
Spring Faire - Several of the musicians attended and played for the dancers
Battle of the Inland Seas - 7 fencers and 2 armored combatants
Aethelmarc War Practice

Old Business:

Cynnabar informational signs:
We will be purchasing a sandwich board with 2 panel signs for the board.
Duke Dag will be working on the text.

Fiber Faire:
More to come

Grand Tournament:
Giovanna proposed a budget of $800 dollars and a date of December 3rd,
2011.  This will be discussed more on the 2nd Monday in June.  An email will
be sent to the list with more information.

Celtic Festival (July 9th) - nothing new

Chatelaine's Report (from last week) - We have newcomers!  If you haven't
met them yet, please make sure to introduce yourself!

Knight Marshal's Report (from last week) - We have fighters and practices
have been going well!

Meeting Location:
We will be back at Borders for the rest of the summer - make sure to tell
everyone you know so we don't lose anyone!!

New Business:

Old site tokens:
Vincent has quite a few cast site tokens left over from 12th Night and was
wondering what to do with them.  Perhaps a "chain of state" for the
Seneschal?  He will bring them to the next meeting.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend!!

Yours,
Giovanna