[Cynnabar] comping for events

Aaron Elkiss aelkiss at umich.edu
Wed Sep 14 20:58:41 UTC 2011

Because I can't leave well enough alone....:

As a wild suggestion, what would happen if Cynnabar ran our events
with a "suggested donation" rather than a required site fee? Some
people will give less than the suggestion, some more, so it would make
it harder to plan financially for events. You'd still want someone
watching the gate who could make change and make sure the donations
don't wander off. But it might be better aligned with the idea that
everyone is pitching in to cover the cost of the site, and wouldn't
give the impression that we are asking people to pay so that they can
volunteer their time.

-a