[Cynnabar] comping for events

Randy Asplund randyasplund at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 17:15:06 UTC 2011

I hear that "ugh" and raise you a "groan."

I hope it doesn't turn off new people from coming.

One of the aggravating things about growing older is seeing the
effects of inflation. It is so easy to think prices should be lower
because, well, you are used to them being lower. When I was a kid
there was still a Five & Dime store downtown in Ann Arbor.  Now we
call them Dollar Stores. I remember my dad running out of gas because
he refused to be extorted for 39¢/gallon.

Young people grow up these days with a different economic expectation.
Their ability to relate to the prices we had only a few decades ago is
analogous to how hard it was for us to relate to a $500 new car that
our own grandparents paid. Having not experienced the days when they
could have come to the event for free because the SCA didn't require
paid membership for anything, hopefully they wont miss it. So
Shhhhhhh...... don't tell 'em!
<cringe>

RanthulfR