[Cynnabar] other dance events

Gwommy 'Bill' Holderman gwommy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:05:10 UTC 2011

I do recall site fee being waved for teaching at events that I've attended.
I can't remember all of them, but I do recall site fee being waved for me a
couple times in the past for Step Spritely in Ealdormere. I think it boils
down to cost of site and whether they can still at least break even with a
teacher discount. I'm guessing that they haven't given a discount for the
past few years because their current site is more expensive than in previous
years.

Don't know about Crystal Ball, as I've not taught at that event yet (this
will be my first year teaching there). And I haven't heard anything about a
teacher discount nor am I expecting there to be one.

I'm pretty sure there are no discounts for teachers at Known World Dances
since there's usually 20-30 people that teach classes throughout the event.
Site fee for KWDS is usually around $50, so $1000 (20*50) is a lot to lose.

--Gwommy