[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for 04/23/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:20:26 UTC 2012

Great turnout for the meeting! A total of 24 people in attendance. Thanks
everyone!

Event and Demo Reports:

It Takes My Child to Raze a Village - Good event even though it was windy
and cool. Well attended by Cynnabar. Both Godaeth and Aeffe started their
Archery MIT process. Good archery turnout. Several of our youth made good
showings in the tournaments as well including Gabriella who placed 2nd in
the youth fencing.

Monthly Tourneys - For the rapier, William took the prize. For armored,
there was no armored last week due to low attendance.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Spring Revel (April 29th) - Champions Tourney. Pavilion with alcohol permit
is set. Potluck grill and kill. Please wear your garb for the group photo.
If you are planning to enter the tourney(s), please present yourself to
Their Excellencies by 12:30. Tourneys should start by 1:PM. Food will start
at 4:PM. There will be a tool sharpening workshop as well. Bring your garb.
Bring your music stuff and anything else to have fun with!

St. Ceclia at the Tower (May 12th) - Classes are done. A crumhorn class was
added. Only gate and lunch/food is left to be finalized. There will also be
a conversation on improving the A&S criteria for division 1.

Celtic Festival (July 14th) - No new news.

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  - Walk thru is scheduled for the morning of May
12th. Final time yet to be determined but will work to not cut into the
crumhorn time.

Old Business

Northwoods event proposal: "Ale to the Victors" - (for early October)

Our northerly neighbors are looking to have an opponent for a fun event full
of competitions (A&S, armored, rapier and more) including a "medieval
tailgate" (think of this like a big football game). No date is set yet. More
details to come soon.

Baronial Ballista plans - (meeting minutes reminder/placeholder only)

Plans have been ordered.

Fixing loaner leg armor proposal - (meeting minutes reminder/placeholder
only)

Just waiting for confirmation armor is in.

Tithing to the Kingdom - (meeting minutes reminder/placeholder only)

The previously group-approved amount of $300 to their Highness's travel fund
will be presented at Crown in Kentucky in May. This line item will remain as
a meeting note but not brought up during the meeting proper unless someone
has a question/comment on it. This is just a reminder until we are able to
present this in May.

New Business

Archery notes - Practice has been taking place since mid-March and last week
we even had some Roaring Wastes people show up.

New officer submission (Archery) for the Barony - Godaeth has offered her
services to become the Baronial Group Archery Marshal. As she has just
started her Archery MIT process, should would actually be our Group Archery
MIT. Everyone at the meeting seemed pleased with this. There was a question
if the Archery Marshal position covered thrown weapons, but it does not and
is considered a separate MIT process. To approve Godaeth as the Baronial
Archery MIT we will go thru the normal 3-meeting approval process. This was
the first meeting.

Announcements:

Next baronial meeting is in 3 weeks on May 14th.

Constance has a new house and would like help picking colors. If anyone is
willing to help her out, please contact her directly.

If you are planning on going to Coronation and would like to support
Gregoire with his knighting, please let him know so he can plan according
with the right number of people. It will be at morning court.

His Grace Dag has always preferred the sackbut because it sounds funnier
than the crumhorn.

Master Midair will also be stepping up as the Kingdom Seneschal at
Coronation's morning court.

Sir Ranthlfr has room in his minivan to share the ride and expenses. Please
contact him if you are interested.

The seneschal managed to actually render Midair so he had nothing to say.

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Vincent) - We have $5770.06.

Webminister (Aaron) - Nothing new. If there are any questions about the
website, please let Aaron know.

Fencing Marshal (Arnold) - Fencing is taking place Sundays and Thursdays.

MoAS (Arin) - The quarterly Report is in. Anyone going onto Kingdom A&S will
be having the e-mails come out soon. Also there are some upcoming workshops
that have some material cost associated with them. You will need to pre-sign
up for those so they know how much material to get.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Chatelaine Report which is due May 1 has already
been submitted. There are more SCA social cards.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - July 1st is the next scheduled release of the
Citadel. Submissions deadline is June 15th. Please send more pictures and
articles. Even small items can be submitted (for example, Sir Dirk sent in
the riddle last issue).

Herald (Simcha) - Things in the Herald Office are going great! We have four
people with submissions in preparation. There are a handful of others who
are awaiting determinations either at Kingdom or Laurel level.  I was just
recognized at Terpsichore's baronial court (very sneaky, Your Excellencies!)
for having registered more names and devices during my two-year tenure than
Cynnabar had registered in its entire existence to date. There's talk about
some vocal heraldry excitement for the next Grand

Tourney, but that's a few months out. :)

Knight Marshal (Gregoire) - Practices are going on Sundays at Island Park.
Wednesday melee practices start the first week in May at Washtenaw Community
College (same site as last year).

Archery Marshal (coming soon!) -

Seneschal (Finn) - Next meeting 3 week on May 14th.

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - Please send in any award
recommendations. Come to the Spring Revel! We are still a Barony.