[Cynnabar] Archers of Cynnabar: PLEASE READ!!! re: August Archery Practice ...

Elizabeth Calhoun lizcal at umich.edu
Fri Aug 3 21:06:11 UTC 2012

Unto the Populace of Cynnabar, Archers and Arbalestiers, Hail!

There will be practice this coming Sunday, August 5, at Forester Dillon's
range, *weather permitting.*  There is some potential for adverse
conditions weather-wise that day: please monitor the situation before
setting forth if the skies look grumbly.

ANNOUNCEMENT!  For the rest of August, archery practice is CANCELLED --
dates are all Sundays, 8/12, 8/19, and 8/26.  (This is likewise posted on
the Website.)

Since April The Honorable Lord Forester has held his range open on Sundays
with only ONE cancellation for weather.  He has attended all local events
and been gratuitous in his generosity in facilitating the full warranting
of I, your Group Archery Marshal Godaeth, as well as Marshal of the Field
Aeffe Torsdottir.  On several occasions the Honorable Lord Forester
attended events at some distance (though local), and then proceeded to hold
baronial archery practice the very next day.  And some of those weekends
were very, very hot.

I am therefore (in full consultation with Forester Dillon and with his
agreement) cancelling August practices after this Sunday's (8/5).  I'm
calling this "The Rainy Days We Never Had."

The range will open again for practice on Sunday, September 2, *weather
permitting.*

Yours Most Sincerely In Service to Their Excellencies Cynnabar, Their
Worthy Populace, and the Crown,

Godaeth seo Wisfaest, Archery GM