[Cynnabar] Newcomers at Wassail

Genoveva von Lübeck genoveva.von.lubeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:12:00 UTC 2012

Good morning, Cynnabar!

I'm very pleased to report that I know of at least 12 newcomers who
accepted our invitation to attend Wassail this Saturday! Some are
brand new to the SCA, some are transplants from other groups, and some
were once involved and are returning after a period of inactivity. All
are new to our great Barony, and I need YOUR HELP to make sure they
feel welcomed and engaged at Wassail. Let's show everyone what a
wonderful, warm, friendly group of people we are. :)

What you can do:
- If you see someone, ANYONE, you don't recognize -- say hello,
introduce yourself, find out who they are.
- Be inclusive, not exclusive. Invite people near you into your
conversation or activity.
- Adopt a newcomer for a little while -- when you see someone new,
walk over and introduce yourself, then offer to introduce them to
others in the group, answer any questions they have, tell them about
what you do, let them know how they can contact you later, and then
part ways
- Smile and have a great time!

I know it isn't always easy to talk to new people, but I challenge
everyone to step out of their comfort zone and welcome our newcomers!
New people and new ideas in our group help us grow, thrive, and
improve!

Also, almost all our newcomers need feast gear -- anyone who has extra
feast gear, please contact me so I can tag you if it is needed.
Thanks!

And a reminder: If you have a friend or family member who is "SCA
curious," Wassail is a great, low-key event to bring them to. If
you're bringing someone, let me know!

--
Im Dienst,
   Genoveva  ~♥~