[Cynnabar] Form the Board

Dennis Watson docdtw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:05:54 UTC 2012

reply-to: comments at lists.sca.org

Today's Topics:

  1. "Same-Gender Consort Proposal" (ea at sca.org)

At the Oct 2011 Board meeting, in response to a formal request from An Tir
and a substantial amount of related correspondence from our membership, we
committed to crafting proposed language to allow same-gender consorts at
the Crown/Coronet List level to send out for commentary. This topic is
clearly emotionally charged for many people, whether for or against the
change. We do not have clear direction from a majority of participants
based on either the Census data or the correspondence received to date.

The Board therefore solicits commentary on the following potential language
change to its governing documents in hopes of eliciting commentary and
direction from the membership:

Current language:
Each competitor in a Royal Lists must be fighting for a consort of the
opposite gender.

Proposed Language:
Each competitor in a Royal Lists must be fighting for a consort of the
opposite gender.  Crowns may permit entry into the Royal Lists by
same-gender couples.

Comments on this proposal are due by April 1, 2012.  Please use the title
"Same-Gender Consort Proposal" in the Subject line.

Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
SCA Inc.
Box 360789
Milpitas,  CA 95036

You may also email comments at lists.sca.org.