[Cynnabar] BoC - Settlement funding discussion

Malachy von Ulm malachy at pfrc.org
Tue Feb 7 18:27:33 UTC 2012

A somewhat orthogonal question/observation, since I know we have Kingdom
level people on list.

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 05:54:31PM +0000, rufquad at comcast.net wrote:
> The suggestion for giving more than our required amount appears to be based on other local groups potentially being in a financial bind. Before we give additional money on this premise, I would like to see that need confirmed. Perhaps we could do some quick checking with some of the other groups. If we find that our neighbors are going to come up short, then would it be possible to make a contribution directly to them or pay what they can not?

If the real problem people are concerned about is whether or not some
groups would be driven into a tight financial situation, perhaps a solution
is a regional or kingdom level pool for bootstrapping events.  While I only
had the finances of Hawkland Moor to use as a point of comparison, the group
for the most part needed relatively small amounts of cash for non-events.
Most of the cash was dedicated toward boostrapping costs for an event and
needed to cover cases where turnout was much lower than expected.

Has any such thing been considered?

--
Malachy

"Ancient nightmares. Archaic legends.  Enigmatic dreams. All of it is true."
Abney Park - All the Myths are True.