[Cynnabar] BoC - Settlement funding discussion

Greg Less greg.less at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 00:27:27 UTC 2012

The seneschal, Baron, and Baroness of our group have passed along a request
of our King and Queen.

The King and Queen are responding to a directive from the Society Board of
Directors.

The Society Board of Directors are responding to a directive from a judge
of the United States.

We are lucky that we are being given the opportunity to discuss this at
all. Many other groups in the Known World convened an emergency council and
simply wrote a check without ever talking to the populace. Some of them for
more than the 18% We are lucky that the Kingdom or even the Society hasn't
simply stepped in and taken the money from our account, since, in the end,
the account is an SCA, Inc account, not a Cynnabar account. Ultimately, if
we don't pay, the court will come in and take our money and possibly our
non-liquid assets too.

Are we discussing whether we should look generous, yeah, of course.
Perception is reality, particularly in a Society based on the medieval mind
set where appearance was everything.

-Gregoire.