[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for 02/13/12

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:49:12 UTC 2012

Here are the weekly meeting minutes for last week’s business meeting on
02/13/12.

Event and Demo Reports:

A Day as St. Catherine's Cloister – Good feedback from all who attended.
Lunch was also very good as well. Some suggestions for tweaks were made and
will be passed on to the event staff. The event also made a profit of around
$152.

Val Day – Good event. Good site with lots more room. A Town Hall was held to
discuss the lawsuit settlement. Also several Baronial members received
awards.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Armored Fighter Retreat (March 30th thru April 1st) -

Same plan as last year. More details to come or see His Excellency
Tairdelbach for details.

Terpsichore (April 14th) -

New website is up. Musicians are practicing. We have all the teachers lined
up.

Get in your Baronial award recommendations to their Excellencies!

Spring Revel (April 29th) –

We have the pavilion rented. This is a kill & grill and a wet site and in
garb please as we will be taking our group Baronial picture!

St. Ceclia at the Tower (May 12th) -

Nothing new to report.

Celtic Festival (July 14th) -

Weekend after Talonvale.

Old Business

New Fencing Gear Budget Proposal –

Masks are in.

Tithing to the Kingdom -

$300 towards the new Kingdom shade fly was given at Val Day (in private) to
their Majesties. Due to the lawsuit settlement it was deemed inappropriate
to do at court for something we agreed upon to tithe before the settlement
hit. It was well received.

$300 for their Highness’s travel fund is scheduled to be presented at crown
in Kentucky.

Baronial Ballista –

Budget proposal of $45 for purchasing new ballista plans has been approved.

Fixing loaner leg armor proposal –

Budget proposal of $90/pair * 3 pairs = $270 +shipping has been approved.
The question on the warranty of parts was raised and the answer is that
Bokalo’s Armory has a “gentleman’s warranty”, which means if we feel we did
not get our money’s worth out of an item we can call him to discuss options.

New Business

Settlement funds to the Kingdom –

An emergency budget proposal of $1000 to give to the Kingdom to help with
the litigation fund was proposed.

After a good discussion on the history and status of the Kingdom and SCA Inc
and their financial state, the entire group at the meeting agreed that this
is constituted an emergency situation.

The budget proposal of $1000 was then approved.

See the separate e-mail that went out on this topic for more detail.

Announcements:

- Next Baronial business meeting will be on Feb. 20th.

- Officer reports to the group are due on the 4th Monday of the month.
Please either plan on giving them at the meeting or send a note that can be
read at the meeting.

- Their Excellencies were invited to the Battle of the Inland Seas held by a
local shire on May 19th. It’s about 1 ½ hours from Cynnabar and a fun event.

- Fall Crown will be in Sparta, MI.

- Their Excellencies need award recommendations!