[Cynnabar] Fwd: Housing for Swing Event

Anne Stevenson elaine242 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:06:46 UTC 2012

>From one of ours - looking for help with an upcoming Swing Dance event!!!

Yours,
Giovanna

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jaz Dance <jaz at jazdance.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Subject: Housing for Swing Event
To: Elaine242 at gmail.com

To the good people of Cynnabar,

My name is Zach Williams, and I am involved in the running of a large annual
swing dance event in Ann Arbor, from March 9th to 11th.  Our event attracts
many people
from outside of Ann Arbor, from Colorado to New York, and part of what
makes swing dance
events so great, is that the local dancers offer their floors and couches
to the visiting
dancers.

This year, we are faced with a bigger than ever interest in our event, and
we have
many people coming from out of town, but unfortunately, no place to put
them all.

If anyone is willing to open their homes for any number of dancers for the
weekend of
March 9th to 11th, please, contact me at jaz at jazdance.com.  To be clear,
our dances
go fairly late into the night, so we expect many people to be coming in at
early
morning (try 2am to 5am) on the nights they are here.

As far as what they need from you, there are only a couple of things.

1: A place to sleep.  Bed, couch, futon and floor are all acceptable.
Those with floors can
just let us know, and we'll be sure to tell folks to bring appropriate pads
or air mattresses.

2: A place to get clean.  Dancers get gross, so, they definitely need a
shower!

3: Reasonable access to come and go.  Typically, when we house people, we
house a carpool of 2 to 4
people.  We give them one key, and they are good to go.

Most importantly, you don't have to: Provide food, towels, soap, drinks, or
anything.  That
doesn't mean you shouldn't if that's how you roll with guests, but nobody
is expecting more
than crash space and a shower.

Thank you for your consideration,

Zach Williams
jaz at jazdance.com

P.S. If you were curious about our event, you can see it at
www.pirateswing.com