[Cynnabar] Pennsic A&S display!

Ann Asplund asplund.ann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:51:36 UTC 2012

Greetings to tall!

The deadline for preregistration for the Pennsic A&S display is coming
up! Last day to preregister online is the 14th of July, if you have
not done it yet, it is time! The display is fun to do, and to visit -
you will be able to see a huge variety of objects and crafts, and is
well worth a visit.

The display takes place Monday August 6th, 10-3pm, in the Barn.
Everyone is welcome. Last year we had an amazing amount of Cynnabar
artisans displaying, and it would be awesome if we could do it again!
I will be there to help cover if you need a break, and feel free to
contact me if you have any questions.

Here is the online registration url:
http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn41/DEPTS/DISPLAY/

It will also be possible to pre-reg on site at Pennsic - registration
forms will be available at the Pennsic university. It will also be
possible to register at the door, but then they can not guarantee
space. It will be on a first come, first serve, basis.

Tips for the actual display:
1. Bring a chair, plenty of water and munchies. And napkins or towels
to wipe your fingers. It is also often hot, bring your fan and other
cooling agents.
2. A table cloth - the tables are rough, and it will display your
object better, and it is easier to wash a table cloth than an
embroidery or a scroll.
3. Documentations is not required for this display, and it is open for
work in progress as well as finished objects. Explanatory signage is
appreciated though, and having your name on it never hurts.

If you have special needs for space (standing space for a dress dolly
etc) or fragile items, there is a commentary field on the
registration, and don't forget to make a sign, if for example, the
item is too fragile to be handled by the populace, the item is toxic,
or very sharp, etc. Or take precautions to display it wisely. For
example, if displaying toxic raw materials for paint, make sure they
are in closed containers that people can't open etc.

YIS
Arina de Traentorp