[Cynnabar] Fwd: [The Barony of Cynnabar] I am posting this here at the request of family:

David Hoornstra dhoorn123 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 18:02:17 UTC 2012

Ranthlufr stated my exact thoughts. I am shocked and pained by this loss.

Daibhid

From: Randy Asplund <randyasplund at comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:39:48 -0400
To: Barony of Cynnabar <barony at cynnabar.org>
Subject: Re: [Cynnabar] Fwd: [The Barony of Cynnabar] I am posting this here
at the request of family:

Wow.
Arin and I are feeling really low right now. This is incredibly sad news.
I've known DeForest for 30 years, and I've seen him grow from a young beggar
intentionally destroying his clothes,  playing it up crazy with his friends,
and leaping for scraps at the feast, to becoming a cornerstone of so much
that he touched.  The truest thing I could say about him is that he was a
really, really really good man. You could count on him in so many ways. You
could count on him to be thoughtful, level-headed and compassionate about
people's differences, you could count on him being there to help or to be
there for practices when nobody else would even come. He was incredibly
encouraging and energetic, and he was positive and meaningful force in or
group. He was always trying to help with things, helping new people get
involved, and participating in every way imaginable over the many years.  I
really liked him a lot and he always had my deepest respect and
appreciation. This really is a loss felt to the core. He will be deeply
missed.  I will always remember him a being a part of some of my fondest SCA
memories. It was a privilege to count him as a friend.

Mourning a terrible loss, and reflecting on the overwhelming good that was
DeForest,

-R

On Jul 15, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Art Sinclair wrote:

> It is with great regret and sadness that We pass this information along to
> this list.
>
> Warder Arnolde was a tremendous asset to this group and he will be greatly
> missed.
>
> We will pass along any more information as we learn of it.
>
> Tairdelbach and Hannah
>
> They deem me mad for I will not sell my days for gold; I deem them mad for
> they think my days have a price.
> -- Kahlil Gibran

Randy Asplund
Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"
www.RandyAsplund.com <http://www.RandyAsplund.com>
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103 USA