[Cynnabar] Admissions

Matt Lagemann malagemann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:57:52 UTC 2012

Unto the great People of Cynnabar come greetings!

Know that I, HL Ermenrich von Duisburg, under no form of duress and of my
own free will make the following proclamation:  That on this day, the feast
day of St. Justin, I did go to the theatre and watched as the players
presented me with a show known to all as Battleship.  Further, let it be
known that in contradiction to previous statements I may have said, the
movie did at times embrace its namesake game in at least four ways.  1)
 That the aliens ordinance did look like the pegs used to demarcate hits
and misses.  2)  That they used a grid in one part of the movie that was
labeled with letters upon the top and numbers down the side.  It was
through a combination of using these letters and numbers that they called
out places to shoot using hunches.  3)  That they declared "Hit" and "Miss"
when appropriate during said sequence.  4)  That the film did feature a
battleship, the USS Missouri.  It should be noted for those scratching
their heads at this fact, that it was, with less than a days time, brought
out of museum status, set sail, fired its guns, and survived an alien
invasion.  A battleship was used.

Therefore I do make apology for believing that this movie could in no way
resemble the beloved children's game. Instead I should have said that I
cannot believe a GOOD movie could in no way resemble the board game
Battleship.  This has yet to be proven false.

With all humility,
Ermenrich