[Cynnabar] tourney format

dirk dirkmayhew at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 14:55:47 UTC 2012

At Their Excellency's pleasure, I propose those worthies who would test
their skill at arms in tomorrow shall do so in the manner of that vassal
of Harald Hardraada's who, standing on Stamford Bridge in the autumn of
1066, fought alone against the entire English army to protect his
liege-lord and kinsmen. Ye who would be champions: I say the true test
of a hero is how one greets one's death. Read of Beowulf, or Cormac, or
Gisli.

Also, it's melee season.

Tomorrow's tournament shall therefore be a limited front engagement,
bear pit, four on one (cycling through venans as they rez). Victory
shall be determined by how long the tenan holds the bridge, timed from
the cry of "lay on!" until the tenan's eventual defeat. Venans, if they
so choose, may enter combat without competing for victory.

- dirk