[Cynnabar] June Monthly Tournament Format

Greg Less greg.less at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:53:55 UTC 2012

Hi All-

   I am announcing the format of the next monthly tournament well in
advance so that everyone has time to prepare...

   The June monthly tournament for 2012 (exact date to be announced by
Their Excellencies) will be in the format of several recent Crown lists
from around the Known World. All combatants will be separated into pools
which will fight single fight, round robin style. Top fighters from each
pool will advance to form the final double elimination tree.

   The number of pools, number of fighters in each pool, the number of
fighters advancing from each pool, and whether we have a final tree of 8 or
16 will depend on our numbers on the day.

   The final tree will be fought double elimination style with each fight
being a best 2 out of 3. At final four, losers bracket will challenge in.

   The final will be best two out of three, best two out of three. First
fight, the higher precedent fighter will choose the weapon format, second
fight the lower precedent fighter will choose the weapon format. If a third
round is required, each fighter may choose their best form.

   Shields will be restricted by inseam length - a fighter must be able to
stand over the longest dimension of his shield without it touching his
groin.
   Two handed weapons will be allowed, provided that they are less than 6'
in length.
   No madus permitted on the list.

Regards,
-Gregoire.