[Cynnabar] Fwd: [SCA Kingdom of the Middle] Here's a good reason to the SCA to NOT use...

Malachy von Ulm malachy at pfrc.org
Sun Jun 10 17:40:21 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:18:43PM -0400, Andrew wrote:
> I really am not up to speed on this debate nor do I desire to enter
> into a protracted digital discussion on the matter, but I cannot
> help but mention that if the SCA hopes to recruit and/or retain
> members from the 30 and younger age demographic then Facebook is a
> must.

No debate.  The real point to be taken from Ranthulfr's post is that
Facebook isn't a great thing for reliable communication.  It's users are
pretty well aware of that.  It's a good outreach tool and a good place for
casual conversation.

Official conversations belong somewhere else that's more reliable.

If we have the option to provide a bit more pointers to official sites on
the About, that may be helpful.

--
Malachy

"Ancient nightmares. Archaic legends.  Enigmatic dreams. All of it is true."
Abney Park - All the Myths are True.