[Cynnabar] FW: Pennsic XLVI Rules

Randy Asplund randyasplund at comcast.net
Sat May 12 13:28:14 UTC 2012

Yu guys obviously need to join the cast of Big Bang Theory. I have
just two answers for your geeky syndrome-

1) www.stilyagi.org
2) Take coffee completely out of your diet. Especially you Ermenrich.
Caffein is NOT your friend...

RanthulfR

On May 11, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Greg Less wrote:

> Star Wars defined a generation. Everything else is a pale imitator.
>
> Also, you clear don't know your current pelican very well...
>
> -Gregoire.
>

> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Matt Lagemann
> <malagemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will just assume you were sniffing chemicals in the lab, because I
> know you don't really mean that.  I mean, a DS9 rip off?  Everyone
> knows that JMS pitched B5 to Paramont in the late 80s, before DS9
> was even conceived.  And, yes they both delved into the idea of
> religion, intergalactic wars, and what it truly means to be human,
> they did it in different ways.  Also B5 embraced CGI before Star Trek.
>
> And lame?!?!  LAME!!!!!  Star Trek helped define a generation.
> Where would we be without the first interracial kiss on television?
> Or Live Long and Prosper?  Or the friggin Borg?!?!  And Babylon 5!
> It helped set the bar for future shows including the BSG remake.  It
> also was one of the first shows to use the internet as a vehicle to
> promote the show among would be fans.
>
> And besides, everyone knows that there can't be a Battleship named
> Babylon 5, because the US Navy currently has NO FRAKKING BATTLESHIPS
> THAT ARE IN ACTIVE SERVICE!!! THEY WOULD HAVE TO BRING THE USS
> MISSOURI OUT OF MOTHBALLS IN ORDER TO HAVE AN ACTUAL
> BATTLESHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO HOW CAN THEY HAVE A MOVIE ABOUT
> THE MODERN US NAVY FIGHTING ALIENS (yeah because we ALL remember the
> aliens that were in the board game!) CALLED BATTLESHIP WHEN WE DON'T
> CURRENTLY USE ANY?!?
>
> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>
> Ermenrich
> (whose currently Pelican would never torment him like this)
>

> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Charles J. Cohen <charles at eecs.umich.edu
> > wrote:
>
> Correct, B5 is a rip off of Deep Space 5. Exactly the same. - Midair
>
> Greg Less <greg.less at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >I thought Babylon 5 was a Star Trek spinoff. I never watched it
> because
> >Star Trek always seemed kind of lame...
> >
> >-Gregoire.
> >
> >On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Matt Lagemann
> <malagemann at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> Oh, I see what you are trying to do there... you are trying to
> goad me
> >> into ranting about the atrocity that is the Battleship movie.
> But it isn't
> >> going to work.  I have more self control than that.... unlike the
> people
> >> behind the movie Battleship!  I mean come on!  What were they
> thinking?!?
> >>  Did they just walk down the board game aisle and pick a game at
> random to
> [...]

Randy Asplund
Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"
www.RandyAsplund.com
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103