[Cynnabar] reminder Nicola/Wrap 17

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 04:08:17 UTC 2012

Reminder:
This is the official beginning of the Holiday Season at the store.
 1. Please be on time.  If there is an emergency and you can't come or can't find someone to work your shift, Call the store-734 662-0600.A no-show could jeopardize any future participation.
2. Please wear garb.  This is a great recruiting opportunity for our Barony. It's also just plain fun for the staff and customers.
 3. When you report for your shift go directly to the gift wrap table.  It is on the right side of the store near the cash wrap.
4. I will be working from 9am through most of the day.
Thank you for your participation.  The staff and I appreciate your service.

Nicola's BooksGift Wrap Sign-up  for Sat, Nov 17, 2012general info follows schedule10am-12p---Mistress Claire
10am-12p---Simcha Bat Yonah

12p-2pm---THL Brigitta the Weaver
12pm-2pm---Wendy Gouine

2pm-4pm---Johannes2pm-4pm---Josseline

4pm-6pm---Bianca4pm-6pm---Aelfric

6pm-8pm---Ranthulfr6pm-8pm---Arin

LocationNicola's BooksWestgate Shopping Center2513 Jackson AveAnn Arbor, Mi(At the corner of Jackson Ave and Stadium Blvd)

Store HoursMon- Fri 9am-9pmSat 9am- 8pmSun, 9am- 6pm

Charity GroupsDuring the Holiday season Nicola offers local charity groups the opportunity to gift wrap purchases that shoppers have made.  There is no set charge, but the groups get to keep any donations that are made.  The SCA qualifies because it is an educational not-for-profit group.

SchedulingThe Barony has chosen to gift wrap on:
Sat, Nov 17Nicola's Annual Holiday SaleThur, Nov 15 through Sun, Nov 18, 2012
and
Sat, Nov 24, 2012Thanksgiving weekend.
These are two of the busiest days of the year besides Black Friday and Christmas Eve.   The store will be crowded.  The lines will be long.  Your presence last year made the environment a pleasant place to be.  The staff is looking forward to that again.
Only one person is needed during the last hour of business.  The last shift starts at 7pm.  Between 7p-8p, that person could possibly wrap advance copies in preparation for the next business day

Gift WrappingThe table is located at the front of the store near the cash wrap.   Two people can maneuver well.  With more than two the space gets crowded.  You can bring flyers and the sign, if you like.  The gift wrapping is donation only.  The customers will give what they feel the service is worth.  They are usually very grateful.
When there is time the wrappers also wrap advance book copies as gifts for customers who spend over a certain amount.
If anyone needs tips or a quick lesson on gift wrapping, we will be glad to assist you.
The store provides gift wrap paper, scissors, tape, ribbon, jar for donations, chairs to sit.

How to sign-upTo sign up for a shift please respond to this email or call me on my cell.  At this point DO NOT CALL THE STORE.
The store will be extending invitations to several other local groups to gift wrap.  I will let the group know when the entire schedule is posted and ready for open sign-up.

AttendanceIt is very important that you show up for your shift on time.  If you cannot come, try to find a replacement from the group.  If you cannot work your shift and cannot find a replacement you must call the store. " No shows" could jeopardize this opportunity for next year.

ParkingAmple free parking.  Because of the Holiday season you may have to circle around a bit.

GarbIt would be helpful to wear garb.  This will let the public know who you are at a glance.  It tends to get warm with so many people in the store.  Dressing in layers is suggested.

DiningThere are several good eateries in and around the shopping center   Choices are Thai, Middle Eastern,  Chinese,  Zingerman's,  The Quarter,  Kroger Deli.   There are many fast food establishments nearby.

Changing roomsThe public restroom is large enough for women to change into garb if needed.  I am not sure about the men's room.  There is a storage room upstairs that is mostly empty during the Holiday season.  It could be used for men, if necessary.

Thank you Everyone.  This service is greatly appreciated.

Lady AmyonPat West734 678-9929-cell