[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 07/15/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 21:32:54 CDT 2013

Event and Demo Reports

Saline Celtic Festival - Happy for the weather. Very nice demo. Had enough
people (though could have used more). We received our fee from the Saline
Celtic Festival ($250) and it was already handed to our Exchequer. Setup and
takedown went fine.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) - No update

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - Simcha is trying to track down the
contract from the site guy.

Old Business

Event proposal - St. Cecilia (May 10th, 2014 with possibly the Friday as
well as "practice" sessions) - This was approved! Cost will be $400 for
Friday and Saturday and gate would be a "suggested donation" of $8 with an
expected attendance of around 50 (as it has been around that amount for past
2 years) would be break even. Lunch and/or dinner budgets will be done in a
separate discussion.

Budget proposal for buying materials to make towers - This was approved!.
Gregor and Genoveva is requesting $300 for materials in order to make a pair
of towers for general decorations and atmospheric purposes. The towers would
be 7'-8' tall and about 2' wide at the base and be collapsible (flat) and
portable. They could be used outdoors as well as indoors.

UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

None

Announcements

-          The next meeting after this one will be August 12th.

-          Simcha and Tristan will be hosting a Baronial Social at their
house on the 22nd since the normal business meeting in canceled.

-          C/P archer fix

-          Cynnabar has a newly authorized armored fighter! Congratulations
to Nick Slane!

-          C/P Monique Pennsic performances

-          Who's Line Doth It Be will be held on Monday evening from 7 -
9:PM at Pennsic at its normal spot at the amphitheater.

-          Simcha and Tristan will be hosting a Pennsic pity party at their
house soon. Check lists for details.

-          We have 4 armored Cynnabar fighters who made the Unbelted
Champion Team this year! Congratulations to Midar, Jason, Hjorlief and
Tairdeloch

-          We also have 2 of our Chivalry how made the Belted Champions Team
as well, Congratulations to Sir Dag and Sir Straum.

-          From Their Excellencies on Pennsic:

o   We are camping in W2.

o   Pennsic schedule is posted to e-mail and Facebook

o   Baronial Court is Wednesday night with Thanksgiving dinner beforehand.

o   Her Excellency still needs 2 retainers for 4-6 shift on Sunday. Other
than that, all other slots are filled. Thanks to everyone who's volunteered!

o   There will be some period gambling  done Tuesday night held by the
armored and rapier fighters. See Jason's Group Knight Marshal note below for
more details.

o   The Baronial populace archery shoot (where we all try to go together to
shoot for war points) will be done on Tuesday afternoon.

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Tristan) - Our new Exchequer, Tristan let us know that our money
is so secure, that even he cannot access it (but will once the paperwork is
done). And yes we have money ($7386.51) and no we can't have any.

Webminister (Aaron) - We still have a web site.

Fencing Marshal (Galen) - Nothing to report since last time. Practice is
still lightly attended even with the shift in the time of day.  Hopefully
more to report next month.

MoAS (Arin) - Quarterly Report is in. More people are coming to craft
nights. And there will be more Cynnabar sweat shops soon. So if you don't
have any specific project to work on, please come and help with others,
they'll put you to work. Also, it's a great social time as well.

Mo Youth (Ceara) - Still working on the youth hand book. Planning activities
for Grand Tourney and 12th night. Had children's activities at Celtic fest
of which was really great and was a lot of fun with the kids that showed up
and participated. I will also be Volunteering at Pennsic for most of Tuesday
participating in It Takes My Child to Raze a Village: Pennsic Edition.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - We just held the Saline Celtic Festival demo (see
above for details). We have the Ann Arbor Art Feast walking

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - He has about 4-5 articles and will be putting out a
call for more submissions soon. He should have an ETA by the end of the week
for the next Citadel. It was suggested that a "bare bones" publication be
put out on the required timeframe by Kingdom/Society law. Then the nicer
full blown newsletters can be done at a better pace.

Herald (Johannes) - Quarterly report is submitted. August 5th will still be
Herald night at Simcha and Tristan's. Also doing consulting.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - All is well. Fix your stuff was lightly attended
but fun. Reminder to all that we will be having a gambling night at Pennsic.
Coins will be provided for a small fee of $10 dollars for a value of
approximately 30 coins. Prize for the individual with the most coins by the
start of thanksgiving dinner on weds. Gambling to start on ties night. His
Excellency can confirm start times

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - WAR is upon us!  Marshals Aeffe and Godaeth will
be leaving for the "front" on Friday, July 26, in a caravan with Forester
Grey.  **There will likely be Sunday practice** for archers not attending
Pennsic, but Godaeth will need to verify this with Forester Dillon. If you
need any string or arrow maintenance before leaving for Pennsic, NOW IS THE
TIME TO SPEAK UP!

Seneschal (Finn) -I am very happy to say, that between e-mailed in reports
and a pinch-fill in for Archery, we have had every Baronial officer report
this month! And report night was even a week early! A great way to end
things before things go on the Pennsic hiatus.  The next Baronial Business
meeting will be on August 12th.

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - Need Baronial award
recommendations for Baronial court at Pennsic. We are still a Barony.