[Cynnabar] Letter to the Editor

Matt Lagemann malagemann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 11:26:55 EST 2013

As the Chronicler, I get all kinds of submissions. Below is a letter I
received recently. Check out the Citadel on Saturday for my reply.

Esteemed Chronicler Ermenrich;
I’m writing to you today to inquire about “Saint Cynnabarius” . As you
know, we have within our horde a link shed his haulberk, and it is mighty;
a shirt of those links would weigh as much as 10 casks of mead. This is
concerning, as I have been reflecting on the might of this Saint
Cynnabarius, and if he is indeed real, it is likely that he has descended
from the giants.

As you are undoubtedly aware, Odin, the great and powerful, all seeing, all
knowing Ruler of Asgard and overseer of our Middle Earth has long ensured
the protection of our realm through his vigorous extermination of Frost
Giants. Would it be possible that our fair Barony of Cynnabar has been
duped into idolizing a frost giant? Should we consider notifying His
Excellency Tairdelbach about this potential threat and rousing the militia
during its season of fattening and slumber?

I’ll be sharpening my sword as I await your reply.

Best,

Hjorleif Ottarsson

P.s It is of course possible that I have once again taken too many big
drinks, and have fallen prey to delusion. Should this be the case, and
should St. Cynnabarius be real, and should he in fact be a benevolent force
for good, please let him know that I’ve behaved as best as can be expected,
and would greatly enjoy some Grettr Gauntlets!